Sep 1, 2011

trivia day><<>fluff or pooofh. OR PUUHFH,,.

have to relate friday which was WALK TO SCHOOL day<><><>do you know what that means to a school crossing gaurd????????????????????? well it is not TRIVIA<><>200 kids and 100 parents walking from three different locations at appx... the same time<>>[i almost got clipped{by a kid on a bike, yes that can be as dangerous as a mom in a car} TOMORROW IT IS GOING TO RAIN ON ME<>i have always considered sept. 1st as a trivia day<><><>i don't really know why, it seems like i haven't done anything noteworthy on that day ever<><>i really have done very little of a noteworthy nature any other day of the year as a matter of fact<><>but at my school crossing site, i have tried to take serious the problems of my patrons<><>a boy dropped his cookies in the middle of the road and was just crying his eyes out when he got to me<>how is he going to find them??>WHAT DO I do if a leave my spot???of course i don't , but what do i do???<>a kitten follows me to my spot<><>how do i handle that? a kitten keeps following me to my spot. how do i handle that??i have a unique spot where massive foot traffic traffic from three different directions confluldge together about the same time<><><>which corner gets prefferance??, and there is always some joker driving through telling me to get a life<><<>i yell back,"that is what i am trying to do"...and then the kids who still want to hold my stop sign as we and a host of others cross at the same time, and don't ever offer treats to them or their friendship will show no bounds<><>and you need to give all of them something then forever and a day<><>and then the boy who graps my pants and holds on tight as we cross, i call that contact comfort that some of them seem to need><><,.well is that enough trivia for you???oh oh, i have really stopped blogging<><>HONEST sad day has finnally come when we speak ONLY of twiddley toes and slimly wroths

10 comments:

rhymeswithplague said...

I agree with you completely, it is extremely difficult to know, when massive foot traffic from three different directions confluldge together about the same time<><><>, which corner gets prefferance. This is no trivial matter, however. This rises almost to the level of international diplomacy.

Putz said...

you make fun of me, but you should walk a day in my shoes, of course not with my dirty socks, but kids are always in a hurry and the cars have drivers that need to go and get to work as soon as you take care of all the kids<><><>so walk in my moccasins, kunswabee

Caddie said...

Yesterday I viewed this confusing situation from the point of the driver-Me. A bit nervewracking. Do you use your flag and direct the traffic? This crossing guard didn't; just glanced at me. Move- do I or not, should I or not, waiting for a signal to go. Nothing! Yes, very confusing; feeling like a lawbreaker for sneaking through when way was clear. I think you are a better crossing guard than she is. Back on the job, are Ye? What's this with dirty socks! I'm sure your duty is very satisfying for you. I wish for an old folk's crossing guard. Nutty drivers' don't care here; I'd just be another notch added to their deadly weapon! Ah,
September, that first step up the mountain to wintertime. I should have been a migrating bird to escape winter's woes. Hope you are doing great, Putz. With no more blogging though, I'll never know.

rhymeswithplague said...

I wasn't making fun of you, Putz, I was supporting you in your very important job of getting the school children across the busy streets safely. They are your number one priority. Hold the automobile traffic back all day if you need to. Drivers are smart; if they need to get somewhere every day at just that time, they will take a different route.

I don't think you meant kunswabee, though. I think you meant this. I feel another post coming on.

Lucy Stern said...

Putz - I think it is great that you are working with the school to protect the kids when they cross the street...Don't let people make fun of you, you are doing the right thing...

Laura said...

love it.

Debbie said...

I am sure you are a hero to some. This is an important job Lake Boy! Parents trust their kids to you. I would not be able to keep it all straight!!

((hugs))

Jim said...

Well, Mr. Putz, doing crossing guard is surely noteworthy in my eyes. I am proud for you!

On the traffic, just do it like you like. You are boss and the children's safety should come first. Then it is your choice after that.
..

rhymeswithplague said...

Is this stopping of your mouth a self-imposed action? Have you forgotten the First Amendment? Do you really have nothing else to say?

Putz said...

yes slimy toads and tiddely wroths