May 11, 2009

post 425 my testimony

i had kind of wanted to leave a testimony....if the prophet moses were here today, he would have many people listening to him because he would be using actual words of instruction by speaking for God through the prophet literally...when hugh b brown{ a jr barristor for english law} came up to the english courts, in the middle of world war II, he was asked why he believed in a modern day prophet and joseph smith!!!!!the barrister in charge said" God stopped speaking directly to prophets just after the cruxification of Christ.....HUgh B Brown said,"but why???? "the barrister said, i really don't know"......Maybe i could answer the for you said hugh b brown>>>>(1) maybe he doesn't love us anymore or not as much as he used to???like in moses day with a burning bush and everything>>first of all do you believe that throught all time it has been commonplace for God to speak to the world through prophets????first through adam and on down in every period of time except for the dark ages, yes said the barrister ,' HE HAS ALWAYS SPOKEN THROUGH PROPHETS in all ages and so he can't have stopped loving us...
>>the barrister said"...".i am sure that God is no respector of persons and loves all his children the same...(2) then maybe we don't need him any more, we have made such technilogical advances, we are so evolved????The barrister said"no" we are in the middle of world war II and as cruel as any people who have ever lived..".then it must be that (3)
he has lost his power to speak to us", said hugh b brown, "he can't speak to us"....".that is preposterous said the barrister"..."God is all power ful" that can't be the reason, with a tear in his eye the barrister said" do you know why God doesn't speak to us through living prophets?"hugh b brown said humbly" the answer is that he still does teach us through living prophets, he did through joseph smith, and he does through thomas s monson in SALT LAKE CITY..we really do believe that...i listen to modern day prophets all the time and they are getting us prepared for a personal interview with our savior Jesus Christ, the modern day information they gave us at conferance time and through the day is critical listen to everyword and not miss a thing...i say this in the name of jesus christ, amen

27 comments:

raxx a day in the life said...

Amen

Loren said...

I bet I walk right past prophets all the time, oblivious.

Donnell Allan said...

Beautiful. Thank you.

rhymeswithplague said...

I'm a little concerned that you may be planning to give up blogging altogether, David, and I hope I'm reading you wrong. But the title "LAST places blog...a LAST hurrah" followed in this post by your saying "I wanted to LEAVE A TESTIMONY" (what's this "with the permission of your wife"?? PLEASE!!!!. Stand up on your own two hind legs and be a man, Mr. Barlow, I beg you).

Anyway, that's not why I came over here. I wanted to tell you about someone named Ian's blog (he calls himself "Silverback") who lives in Leeds, Yorkshire, England. He and his neighbor, Daphne, made a two-day trip to London recently and he has posted about 130 photos in an "album" on the right side of his blog. Right in the middle of all the touristy ones is suddenly this building, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I thought of you having been over there so many years ago. Ian and Daphne are both atheists as far as I know, but isn't it interesting that he stopped to take a photo of the front of that building???

I do hope you are not bidding bye-bye to blogging.

You have coined a memorable new word with "cruxification"....

rhymeswithplague said...

Oops! Here's the link to Ian's blog:

Retirement Rocks

Lucy Stern said...

Putz, my mom was 57 when she died.... She did not get a chance to see her grandkids grow up... I wish she could have, she would have been a great grandma...

Your testimony is the reason I joined the church.... If we don't believe in Joseph Smith and modern day prophets, then our church would be a fake.... I happen to believe that Heavenly Father would not stop talking to his children after so many years of doing so. There is no reason to stop. It changed my who view when TF and I were taking the discussions. From that point on, I listened more intently and with more resolve to learn of the church....Five months later, we joined the church and have been here ever since.... Best move I ever made. Thanks for your testimony.

Martin said...

I don't know about God or any of that, but you sir, give a fine testimony.

Silverback said...

Thank you for the reference to my blog and for visiting it but one thing I have to comment on - I'm not an atheist ! I may poke fun at the Catholic Church from time to time in my posts as I was raised in that faith BUT I'm still a committed Christian even if I haven't found a denomination I'm happy with yet.

As for the London photo, we were simply walking down Exhibition Rd heading for the Science Museum and happened to pass the building. Glad you liked it.

Please return for a read whenever you can.

maryt/theteach said...

No bodies I know of have ended up in Jones Beach. The pic is Robert Moses State Park, Barlow. My grand-nephew going about his business! :)

justmylife said...

That my Putz is a powerful testimony!

Jayne said...

I'm glad you posted this. I've heard this line of reasoning before but didn't know who said it...or to whom. Powerful testimony.

rhymeswithplague said...

So what happened to your May 15th post and its 20-some comments??

burma shave indeed!

Putz said...

my may 15th post had a referance of josh and andy and i was told by his mother that andy was not what we are calling him...drew is preferred...so there rymsie

rhymeswithplague said...

You don't have to delete a whole post if you find an error in it. There's a process called "Edit" -- perhaps you've heard of it....You just make the correction in Edit mode and hit Publish again, and voila!....

Putz said...

do you mean eat it or edit...i am so confused...on my computer you say...how novel, you can actually change something on it????/how about a miss spelled word????could you do that ...burma shave

Snowbrush said...

You can indeed change a mistspeled word, but unless you spel it rite the second time, whats the point? You would do better to save your time and leeve it as it is.

Putz said...

hey everybody...lighten up...why confine yourself to a stuffy room with word blogs...go barefoot in a stream...get outside....camp under the stars...quit the internet...give your brain a rest...no face blurk...no nonsense...no winepedia...no saints..pee neath a tree{no toliets} no embarassments when you offend on your blog...no religious conversion...throw a rock across a lake...spend no money...watch the birds...quit the human race...join nature

Jess said...

Putz we love to come by here and that's our choice...and besides I do go outside and play! LOL

Love you..and great post

Jess

rhymeswithplague said...

Are you never going to post again, David?

Putz said...

who is this DVID guy you are talking about???????

Putz said...

get outside and go barefoot in the stream

Polly & Steve said...

How are you?

Putz said...

did you know the french for david is davidell

Lucy Stern said...

Putz - you still use dirt, it is above ground....there is no digging in the ground....works great.

Unknown said...

Putz, I love your testimony.

And it is my opinion that if you never offend anybody by anything you say, you're not saying much. THe internet is huge, with people all over the spectrum of opinions and beliefs. You simply cannot please everyone... unless they get to know you and love you for who you are (which all of us do!) in that case, when we are offended we forgive you for it quickly because that's what friends do.

I'd like to see another post up... you wading in a stream outdoors. I've been spending a lot of time outside lately. We're going to be going to Ethiopia sometime in the next few months, and if we pass our court date this week I can post PICTURES of our girls and I want you to comment!!!

--Sarah

rhymeswithplague said...

...and did you know the French for Robert is ro-BARE!! (not that I am, except briefly when I bathe or change clothes)...

Anonymous said...

Very Nice and informative blog, let share with me this kind of blogs... thanks for sharing.....

___________________
Rozydesouza
Low and best rates on Payday Loans