Nov 27, 2009

this is a true story...honest







my daughter is so so full of life and she isn't always here for the holidays, my wife bought evrything food wise imaginable for her visit....it wasn't enough, we must have two kinds of mashed potatoes, how can it be possible....two kinds of mashed potatoes, isn't there only one way to squish up potatoes??????two kinds of poatoe sweet style[GRANMA DORIS SAYS EVEN SHE WOULD TASTE GOOD IF YOU MIXED HER WITH BROWN SUGAR], two kinds of dressings, a german type with saugsage and stove top, three kinds of cranberries, old fashion{you know from a can} the modern ones where you get the berry and squash it yourself, and the kind where you mix it in with apple, and then a big turkey with gravey and two kinds of hot rolls, one like flat bread and the big puffy ones that melt in your mouth....hot wassell maybe, or 20 different types of pop, one even with cherry , or hot chocolate was offered.....i didn't, couldn't taste half of it and i got so uncomfortable that when two kinds of shows were offered, twlight moon light, or 2012, it was hard to decide...and then a first, yes a FIRST...HARVESTING the barlow christmas tree on thanksgiving day...we had to this point in time never even bveen able to get a tag before the day after thanksging before 2009....now a new tradition because of becky...a live tree on thanksgivng day....wooooooooow

7 comments:

Caddie said...

What I'd like to know Putz is: did you get as stuffed yesterday as I did? All that wonderful food and I couldn't eat much before I was stuffed to my gills. Tonight I'm wishing I had another plate of it though. I'm hungry again! Tell me more about the two kinds of mashed potatoes.

rhymeswithplague said...

We had the turkey and the dressing-with-mushrooms-and-giblets (it's properly stuffing only if it was inside the bird, not cooked in a dish) and sweet potatoes and corn pudding and broccoli-cheese casserole and squash-zucchini casserole and cranberry salad (with pineapple, coconus, marshmellow, and I don't know what all) and the snackies before (chocolate-chex mix and queso-dip for tostitos) and during (Greek olives, bread-and-butter-pickles, a few other things) and after (mostly pumpkin pie with whipped cream) and I WAS SO STUFFED I COULDN'T MOVE....Why do we do this to ourselves?

rhymeswithplague said...

coconut

Amber said...

sounds like a lot of good food, maybe I'll stop by next year so I don't have to cook

hope the tree survives until Christmas

amber

Jayne said...

I honestly didn't know that people in the west enjoyed sweet potatoes. Did you have sweet potato souffle? Is that where all the brown sugar went?

Unknown said...

So did you go see Edward and Bella?

I LOOOVE My grandma's sweet potatoes.

But only hers. Everyone else's are gross. And I think she uses like a cup of butter and brown sugar to every half cup of actual potatoes.

Lucy Stern said...

We had a lot of food too, Putz... More than we needed.. Hope you live tree makes it to Christmas.