Feb 2, 2011

thanks to tony i must stoop during my crossswalk stint

i went to find the pot of gold that's waiting where the rainbow ends, i searched and searched and search and searched, and then there it was deep in the grass under an old and twisty bough, it's mine it's mine at last....WHAT DO I SEARCH FOR NOW/////???????
here i satnd -11 degrees on a new sidewalk with a sign right in front of me that says" sidewalk ends, caution and then a big hole where a ditch could run but doesen't<><><>and the kids they come><><<>four more just now, the steven kids, i say "are you cold????" and they say, why would you say that????<><><>"i don't know i say",,,,why have a sign sidewalk ends and then just leave it where kids come and walk that side walk to school????the city is crazy, they don't pay me or the kids to walk to school, but we do>><><>don't get me wrong i love it and i love those kids::::::tony wanted me to be positive<><><>not to complain or be obvious so here goes<><<>i can't wait for the super bowl, and i can't wait.for valentines day, and i can't wiat for your posts out there, and i can't wait for some warm days and i know they are coming<><><>this morning i could breathe the air without my nose hairs freezing up><<>maybe the sidewalks in ephraim don't continue in a uniform and organized way, but the water tastes good to me and the mountains are just behind me znd my son daniel gets to ruan wild and free<><><>who can kick a football from here out to afghanistan??????i can<><><>who fought tigers in the street while all the policemen ran and hid?????i did><><<>who will fly and have xray eyes and be known as the man who no bullet can kill?????i will>><>who can sit and tell lies all nitght??????? i might

16 comments:

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rhymeswithplague said...

Please don't leave....

rhymeswithplague said...

That's a great photo, David.

merinz said...

Yes a great pic Putz. Good to see you doing your duty, and enjoying it too. kids are great aren't they.

I will send you some warm weather. we have enough here to go around.

Carolina said...

If I were a little kid walking on a sidewalk that was about to end in a big hole, I'd be very grateful that a very friendly looking man, holding a not to be missed STOP-sign, was defying the cold weather to safe me from dropping into said hole and to guide me through traffic.

And I think Duke is a great name for a labrador. Full blooded or not ;-)
So sorry about his sister.

rhymeswithplague said...

As your post gets longer, so, I think, does your nose! LOL!

Shrinky said...

Aw Putz, I'll bet your kids so love having you there each morning, you must put a smile into their day. I simply love that photo up there, it's so good to put a face to who you are!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you so happy, Putzy. I'm sure those kids love you to pieces!
=]

maryt/theteach said...

Hey, Barlow, how the heck are you? Missed you. Happy Valentine's Day you handsome devil! :)

Beverly said...

Hi, there, I read your comments today. I'm just about blogged out, but I will post a photo of Ella from time to time so that you can be thrilled! Can you believe she is going to be 5 this year?

Grumpy Old Ken said...

It's different! The world needs people like you to brighten its day. Good luck.

Jayne said...

Sure am glad I visited your site tonight. I've missed your posts...and I love this picture and your positive comments. Hope your Valentine's day was nice and that you sampled some savory chocolates.

Debbie said...

It was really nice to see your comment. I have missed blog land and reading all the blogs out there. Lot of things going on in my life.. going to try and keep it up so I won't drop out again! Take care!

An Ameriglish home... said...

Hey! I'm commenting back from the Larsen blog :) thanks for letting me know! haha. I think it is part of a blog networking thing done through "Feedjit" (the traffic feed) where they try to get people checking out other peoples blogs etc. Like advertising almost! How funny that they linked our blogs though! haha. Well we are glad to have got to have read of your blog through it anyways :) Thank you for stopping by, now you need to keep visiting back... we'll def keep up with you! {With Love, The Larsen Lot.}

Caddie said...

Very good picture Putz. Didn't know you were blogging again; happy to see you are. It has been hard not having your humorous AND serious posts to read. Hope you keep them coming; they spice up my day. Laughter is my spice of life.

Putz said...

police don't leave is a message that has been scrawled over and opver again in my brain