i am not going into age 70, quietly><><>i will be screaming, ranting, raving saying""not fair""//it really wasn't fair<><>i am being picked on unfairly<><>the time did not go as slow for me as for other poeople and so i was cheated, yes cheated>>it really really isn't fair> i will be dead within 20 years, yes kaput, dead. i feeel 14 inside, i really do. i don't think my now dead parents wanted this for me. i don't even know how to spell correctly yet. when they oooed and awed at me in my crip, they had better things in mind...not one ,, even my wife has ever thought of me as seventy...i haven't done anything yet>>i haven't been president of the united statatesyet'">i haven't been a bishop yet...i have not climbed an entire mountain yet or played tennis in austrailia or london><<>i have certainly not led a sinnless lifeor walked to the sea for salt<>,.it is not fair...i want time>>time to accomplish..i don't want wine women or song anymore,, but by gosh i used too...i have cleaned too many toilets and have not made a dent in anyone's religion<><><>70 damn, not 60 not 50 not 40 not 30, but 70,.,.,i wonder how i am going to die?????i want to be swept up into heaven in a cheriot of candy floss or flushed down in a sea of 7 up{for rhymes wit i am going to try to cut the crap and be nice>>>hummmm a suggestion{comment} to redeem myself
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
17 comments:
ahhh flushed down in a sea of 7-up! awesome...happy birthday mr. putz..enjoy your day!
You have to get the candy floss and the 7-Up out of your thoughts as well as the idea that it is somehow "unfair" to be 70...I can't think of anything more fair...think instead that you might have died at 30 but the Lord has given you all of these extra years...what you have done or not done with them is not His fault, it's yours...however, he loves you and forgives you. Unfair? Unfair? Cut the crap and be thankful you are still breathing and then try to redeem the time you have left.
The sermon is ended.
Sounds like you have quite the bucket list! Well, you will never finish if you don't start! I say go for tennis in London first, then take a trip here and you can climb Pikes Peak (no too big), then if you want run for president. I'll vote for ya!
And I'm betting you go (in a long time from now) up to heaven in that pretty chariot you want!
You best get busy!!
My ex hubby turned 70 on February 11th...time is passing faster each day it seems like.
Is it your birthday? If so well then Happy Birthday Lake Boy!!
I was just thinking of this quote today by Benjamin Franklin before I read this post
"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff life is made of."
i was thinking this means different things to different people. I guess if someone chooses to sit and do nothing with his time, then he ought to be satisfied with this. If not, then stop doing that. a person who is happier doing nothing than living must have a pathetic life though..just my thoughts. what are the things you've done in life that have made you happy and fulfilled? you can't tell me you've lived 70 years and not had enough opportunity to do the things that are most important to you.,you can't do everything, what is your focus? i doubt it is to be president. that would be lame anyways.
...being 70 would make one think though, I don't envy you. ;)
anon off the top of my head<><><>my problem is that i cnan not do everything>>some of the most important things i just don't know HOW to do>>>lead others is hard for me>>create new stuff is hard for me>>make myself acceptable to my savior is hard for me<><>my focus seems to be dreaming about it, not doing<><><>i did sire 5 kids who have faired pretty close to my expectations<><>but i am certainly not ready to meet my maker
I see, i'm more of a doer than a dreamer, so that makes life easy I guess.:D just my opinion..dreaming is ok just realize you can have anything you want, just not everything..be happy in achieving steps,(everyday life) maybe learn to create something new today etc. start and end each day knowing your getting closer. i guess I don't know what else we can do. doing gives you less time to sit and dream LOL:D I don't think we're ever ready..;) good advice from the others too. good luck.:)
thanks anon<><>great advice that is for sure
You know Putz, I agree that we never have enough time to do all we want to in life and like you there are things I used to want to do that now I am happy to watch others do. Like you though, I have had enough 'stuff' happen in my life that does make me take stock and try to enjoy each day and remember that each day we are on this earth is truly a gift.
I also used to have sooooo much energy and zest for life and I always wanted to do a little of EVERY thing (almost). Now that I know I can't and won't, I have accepted that and am happy that I have done as much as I have.
I thank God for my husband who has shared his days with me and my children who have blessed me and for having all the memories in my life.
But....like you... I am going out fighting and kicking and grabbing on to every moment and experience I can. I don't think that is being ungrateful but zestful in life and the fact is.. I really enjoy just being alive.
Go out and CELEBRATE your life and your love and your days past and present and future. You are special and deserve it all Putz.
Thank you for just being you. You are a blessing and a blast to those who know you... especially here in blog land. :)
David, admittedly I know very little about what Mormons believe, but we can never make ourselves acceptable to our Savior. He loves us and died for us just as we are. Of course, we are changed along the way, but it is He who does the changing in us, not we ourselves. You have to stop trying and you have to stop worrying. The only thing Jesus tells us to do is "Come to me, all ye who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
Do you not know this old hymn?:
Just as I am, without one plea
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst be come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come.
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come.
Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind.
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come.
Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve.
Because Thy promise I receive,
O Lamb of God, I come.
I don't read anything in there about having to make yourself acceptable to your Savior.
Oops, that should have been:
Because Thy promise I believe
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Mr. Putz,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪
I agree, the 70th BDay is pee-poor!
One my 70th I was going to run away. Well I did, but I ended up running with Mrs. Jim and Karen to NYC. Not litterally running but Karen did run the NYC Marathon that year. She invited Mrs. and me to come with her. Otherwise I would have gone by myself.
Same for ther 75th, it is worse. Again I was going to run away but Mrs. Jim wanted me to go with her to the WorstFest in NewBraunfels, TX, so WE did that instead. I blogged about it, I think you read.
But the nastiest BDay of all is 78. I was like you, really down. No parties, no one comes near, and the like! That is the age when you SOUND OLD! 68 SOUNDS OLD too, but 78 IS OLD!
So for your sake, SHOULD I hope you never make it to be that old? Or SHOULD I be praying for you that you will make it?
Love you, Mr. Putz! <3
You do fine!
..
P.S. This is a wonderful topic for Ask Dr. Jim (blog). I might use the comment as an answer and change the names to protect the innocent!
Okay? I would like to use your words, about drowing yourself in a sea of 7UP. Okay again?
..
All this from a guy who was content to have his head under a pillow? what's changed?
I once asked an old woman how she had lived so long and she looked at me in surprise and said "Oh but I can't die, I've so many things to do... there's a new great grand-child due soon, and I have to get this cardigan finished for her, for a start..." and then she rattled on about all the things that were coming up in the future for her, and that she had to do.
I think this is the secret to a long and happy life.
Good on you Putz!
I want to add something:
The famous poet Dylan Thomas wrote (to his father who had given up):
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Post a Comment