o pioneer, our pioneer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i honor you today>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you who have trudged across the plains>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a long uncharted way>>>>>>>>>>>>you crossed the rocky mountains>>>>>>>>>>>>and watched the oxen slow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pulled covered wagons westward>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>through sagebrush down below>>>>>>>>>>>>>you helped to build a queenly state>>>>>>>>>>>and watched an empire rise>>>>>>>>>>from what had been an endless waste>>>>>>>'neath blazing sun and skies>>>>>>>before your mission here was done>>>>>>and life came to a close>>>>>>>>you saw the desert conquered>>>>>>>>>>and blossom as the rose>>>>>>o, pioneer, our pioneer>>>>>>could you but hear us say>>>>>>your name is now in history>>>>>in the UTAH OF today>>>>>>for ernest and edith who pushed him
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago

16 comments:
Well, Mr. Putz, we have a lot in common. My great grandfather and his family came by horse and wagon from Wisconsin to Nebraska and on to South Dakota. My great grandmother wrote a daily journal which filled two spiral tablets.
I am your age with the numbers reversed.
You wrote your blog because of Mrs. Putz, I wrote mine because of Mrs. Jim. She was addicted to computer games and I wanted her to see how silly it was to spend all that time on the computer.
Now she thinks I blog too much and she has a facebook in addition to her games.
Mrs. Putz doesn't read your blog, Mrs. Jim doesn't read mine. Once in a while she looks at the pictures. If one catches her attention she might read the blog.
We both are at an age where we are thinking of what we will be doing in the after life. For one thing, I will serve the Lord (Revelations 22:3). I am practicing that now.
..
Great poem! Great picture! Are those horses Clydesdales?
Beautiful!
My great-grandmother come here in a covered wagon as a young girl. I have heard a few of the stories from her time. It's amazing to think what they had to do and go through to survive.
So few of us now would be able to survive the life many of them had.
Great picture!
Hey Putz, glad to see you're still going strong over here :)
no no anon i am no interested in gambling with you find some one who is rich enough to lose the money money money money
A fine tribute
If I inspired this, then I am honoured, kind Sir!
i wish everyone could read jinksies comment but because of rude behaviour in anon below me they will find it hard to do so
these anon' work so hard at my blog and i don't design 1 penny for their benefit,why do they bother????all hard work makes jack go broke on my blog
All these dang people trying to earn a dollar..instead of gettin' a gov handout.LOL I think you were sending mixed signals with the "do-follow" tag, I removed it and took out the option for anon comments.:)
Nice horses by the way.
if you get a chance go to rhymes with pluage and see the profile of a great man who died at the same age of ernest when he died>>>>>>88
Do you think they would let me ride in that wagon? My paws get tired walking on the hot sands.
..
maybe it will be a gold rush49niners blog. for blog 469
I'm awed at the strength and perseverance of the pioneers. I mean really, we go nuts if we have a couple of inches of snow here in SC! We'd never make it across the plains and mountains on foot and in wagons.
Very cool post Mr. Putz.
those anonymous types sure are mouthy.
My great great uncle was a hobo and rode the trains.
crazy right.
NOt quite a covered wagon. But close
Nice post, Mr. Putz.
Post a Comment