Feb 9, 2010

mental health is back again

you can be a master carpenter{thank goodness}and still find church attendance, church callings, relaxing, money management, socializing, steady employment and in another's case doing dishes, cooking ,talking , even blogging hard to do, hard to do"::::::::::::daniel is off his construction work for awhile but as a family we are fortunite>>>>one time before i retired, afull fledged full bore phychiatrist said "i am glad you are retired for your, son because most of those who leave the spanishfork hospital{mental} come back and pay us a visit again..daniel has only been in once..this coming from the top of the heap from social workers, mental health speacialists, counselers, health aids, phycholgists and plain medical dotors>>>when dan was 3<<<<>>>>he was not talking during all this period....he wasn't hearing anything in his first three years of life until we got him some good hearing aids...he later developed scitzophrenia and has his own stories to tell you that take him into the mountains without eating or drinking, building a mountain cabin, and being on a food tube for 2 months and building a covered porch and being 8 months in a mental institution>>>>>he went to slc for a nuskin conferance, but that has to be daniel barlows own book>>>>>i have taken on the responsibility to be his buddy by going places with him, to see pete dunigan in mayfield, getting lumber, going to mental health interviews,shots, counseling,and home teaching with him have many long talks on the gospel, his life, and our testimonies of the gospel>>>>>Daniel in my opinion is the most talented individual in our family>>granted we have others with lots of smarts, and people who are sociable, people who have talents and skills and use them well, people who are nice and those who have common sense, but daniel can just flat out create a physical master piece with the talents that seem to have always been in him.......he got wrote up in the newspaper for fixing old bikes and giving them to kids for christmas presents now a <<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<>>>....>dan always referred to our bathrrom scales as a foot clock....

10 comments:

Jim said...

Thank you, Mr. Putz, for the nice rundown on more of your family. I always admired Daniel for his riding skills and COURAGE! I would be a big chicken even thinkng about going places he goes.

Glad to see the old man, the retired man, posting again too. You have inspired me to write about my kids too. I may forget though, I tend to do that. :)
..

Caddie said...

I'm happy to see a new post of yours and wondering if Daniel writes his own posts - if so, I want to read him. Many computer problems here and me illiterate as to how to fix - on the verge of saying "goodbye computer world".

Putz said...

sissy, go exactly {on my side bar where we are right now} four boxes down past blaze of gory, oooh i mean blaze of glor to BIKER, BIKER, NO JUST BARLOW BIKER AND CLIC HIS{DANS{ ICON

Anonymous said...

A foot clock...I like that,and you know, it actually makes sense in a way. Your post helps me remember that there are all kinds of minds, none more special or exceptional than another. We're all different and all intelligent in some way.

Anonymous said...

A foot clock...I like that,and you know, it actually makes sense in a way. Your post helps me remember that there are all kinds of minds, none more special or exceptional than another. We're all different and all intelligent in some way.

Anonymous said...

A foot clock...I like that,and you know, it actually makes sense in a way. Your post helps me remember that there are all kinds of minds, none more special or exceptional than another. We're all different and all intelligent in some way.

All Consuming said...

Thanks for stopping by Putz, kind words from a warm heart methinks. Cute dogs too *smiles

Caddie said...

I found it! I was mistaken. I got into his blog when I first started reading yours and read almost the whole of Daniel's. He is really into sports, isn't he? Good, that will keep him young and healthy. Goodness, You in Utah have lots of mountains - from my view in the airplane.

Amber said...

I like the "foot clock", thats funny.
Sounds like Dan has done an awful lot. I love to hear how some people can do amazing things in life all with health or mental "issues". Yet so many "normal" people can't seam to manage to do an honest days work or deal with "normal" everyday life situations.
He sounds like a really great guy! I'll have to go visit his blog.
As always I enjoy reading about your family.
amber

Reva said...

I agree with Amber and think Daniel has made good in his life even with his issues of sorts.
Since I did foster care for 15 years I dealt with many kids that had mental and emotional and physical special needs, including schitzophrenia. The things they have to deal with with seeing and hearing things that interupt their daily lives and ability to deal with a regular life style doesn't mean they can't do anything but they can be pretty miserable feeling at times too. Thanks for sharing Putz.
I recognized you in my last blog but I haven't put up a new one yet. Hope to soon though.