Sep 2, 2013

the best writing ever,.2nd blog in 2013

title<<>the best writing ever<><>i had comment 13 on my last blog write a tearful comment on how my writing stimulated profound and emotional thoughts in peopllpes lifes<><>of course they do<>>well this one trumps the one i told about fish jumping over roads in ephraim<><>here goes<><>my family went on the memorial day holiday to wild horse slot canyon in goblin valley utah>><>me, my wife karma, tony and his wife, and their kids braydo. owie and hannah with 2 h's to n's and two a's and dan on whos blog you will find all the pictures of this horrific event <><>it was an eight mile hike><>i made it to the beginning of the slot canyons 3 miles and decided to wait>><>well i was happy to talk to all going up and asked all where they traveled from>><>well we had barely fifteen minutes of light rain, so i went and stood in the was to escape the wetness and i hear this loud noise<><>i had no idea what it was <><>><>was this comming from the center of the earth?? no<><>as i backed away the water 6 feet tall came through the rock so i stepped out of the wash and watched a river being created<><>the two nice single girls asked where my party was><<>I HAD NO IDEA,.,.they decided to wait with me until i knew for sure the fate of my party<><>offered me a beer to calm my nerves ><><>well they tried to talk about trivial things because they were sure i had just LOST my wife in a slot canyon drowning accident<><>4 hours later my party plus two extra children appeared, a four year old and a 6 year old being caarried out by my son and my daughter in law and thre grand kids walking on their own appeared and recounted the stories of having water splas down in gummlets, i mean gimlets and filling up the slot canyon as they ran in the two feet of water screaming to the end with water increasing as they ran<><>i found out that the two kids who were extra were giving their parents a break{one of them had the hand of her father, but he lost the grip when he himself fell in the torrents<>><><>in fact all said they never had so much fun in their life<><>i wonder why danger is also fun< but they said it was,.,.I ACTUALLY HAD FUN ALSO TALKING TO EVERYONE , about 40 people going up and back about their adventures and helping them over the slick rocks.,>

13 comments:

Putz said...

i have a new feeling for my wife who at age 69 went farther up the trail and fell numerous times trying to avoid being swept up by the river, i bet she is the oldest surviver of a slot canyon flooding ever<<>either a real heroine extremely couragouis, or really insane to not ceck the weather reports<<>these two single unattached saviors of mercy with the beer need to be cmplimented><<>they really thought they might be helping a bereaved widower

All Consuming said...

Wow, you don't do things by half do you?!! What an adventure, all that danger, the worry, and managing to get two lovely young girls give you free beer at the same time to keep you calm. Thank all the Small Gods your wife and family, and you too came out of it all alive and well, though more than a bit wet methinks thinks me. I'm glad you had fun with all those folks as you waited too. What a fabulous post, well worth the wait sweetie xx I can't find the pics on Dan's blog, if I'm looking at the right blog mind.

rhymeswithplague said...

That must have been an anxiety-ridden, prayer-filled four hours for you when you didn't know whether your family members were alive or dead. I suppose the beer helped to keep you calm (I wouldn't know), but still....

I'm glad they were all well and lived to see another day and gave you such an exciting post for your blogland return.

Please don't wait another six months, OK?

Anonymous said...

I was the #13 anonymous commenter, also anonymous #7. Did I appear tearful. #7 was a goad TRYING to get you to respond with another post and relieve my worry you had died! :( :(

I liked the story; I didn't like the scary parts. Guardian angels were on the job during the flooding - I'd Say!!!

I know you didn't drink the beer; don't we surmise Jesus drank his wine since that was a custom...didn't send him to Hell though, now did it? It might be good to let the hair down once in awhile; I mean all of us! I've had a beer on occasion; didn't harm my soul in the least.

It's Anonymous again here.

All Consuming said...

Aye you really 'Anonymous' Putz, and you're just playing with our minds eh? Hmmm? Hahahaha.

All Consuming said...

ps - I've left you a present in post form upon my blogette *smiles.

rhymeswithplague said...

Putz, I saw a photo of you holding I think a King Charles Spaniel over on Daniel's blog, a very good photo of both you and the doggie.

You look normal enough, I must say.

Debbie said...

Keep writing... one day your grandchildren, great grandchildren, on and on ... will so enjoy knowing you through your stories!

Anonymous said...

No, All Consuming, I am not Putz but Anonymous giving my two cents worth. Putz, my dearly beloved blogger, this was a great post and I hope to see more soon. Love you much. Signed Anonymous

Debbie said...

It has been a while since we last left comments. With life and all it brings times just slips away. I love those moments that I just stop and write, just seem to be few and far between. I will try to do better so keep those stories coming!

rhymeswithplague said...

Egad! and Gadzooks, Putz! I watched the video on Blaze of Glory and my heart was in my mouth even though I know they all survived. You really know how to make a grand re-entry into Blogland.

By the way, I have now posted over 1250 posts, 1/4 of the way to 5000... remember when you said a blog stops at 500 posts?

Putz said...

most sane bloogers did stop at 500<><>i don't know where this 5000 came from><>><make me want to rethink things on behalf of my own blog efforts

Photography-Amature Favorites said...

Wow, what an adventure and scare! So glad all turned out well for you all and the children as well. Hope their parents were found to be safe and sound also.
Take care Putz!
Reva