Feb 23, 2009

me me david putz as rhymes with would say

my mom had the same angina problem as i had...we ate veal parmision in luxenbourg...we went sking in engelborg, switzerland...i ended up as a beginner skiier on an advanced slope and in four different languages, french, german spanish, and italian was told to get off the l=skopes before i killed myself....i assure you being there was a big mistake...i missed several trees and kept going faster and faster and how i stopped, i can never remember....we had a hot roll and chocolate for breakfast in this hostel...we saw mount titless which was named for two large indentations below the top of the mountain that looked like a womean's head...we went around interlaken and viewed the most beautiful mountains in the world, the swiss alps.... we went to bern and i bought myself a watch which i have since
lost but of course i purchased my traditional patch at every place i stopand my spoon....we went to the atonium in brussels which was the site of the 1959 world's fair and hiked up into the first of eight atoms measuring eight feet by eight feet by eight feet....we had missed the fair by two years and i felt like chevy chase standing in front of walley's world demanding to be let in....we always had the habit of zoo hopping so we stopped on our way back from lds conferance in frankfurt germany...it was fun to walk over all the cobblestones and see all the cathederals in every small towns with their bell towers, and tapestries...i once saw a crane nestled up inside a smokestack of an ancient cathederal

8 comments:

justmylife said...

I love hearing about your travels. They sound like so much fun. But I must ask, who is it that you are mad at my Putz?

Jess said...

hi putz...i too enjoy reading you blog...

thank you for being so sweet about Emmy... and no I don't know your emma.... guess i will have to see her to see who beat my kid out of the trophy...lol

Have a great week
Love, jess

Debbie said...

Thanks for missing me... I have missed my blog time and friends. I hope to find more time very soon!

Loren said...

Hi Mr. Putz!
Your travels sound so great! Personally, I do not enjoy skiing. I did go to the slopes in Utah once.

Gucci Mama said...

I used to be a great skiier. Then I had kids and got fat. Sigh. But it would be nice to get un-fat and then back into it someday;)

Lucy Stern said...

I guess you can say that you have seen the world.....

Reva said...

sounds like a wonderful time for you and lots of good memories too. When we can't actually do those things any more, at least we have our memories of times past, right? That's about my speed now too.

Thud said...

Putz...you captured the feeling of europe pretty well with this post.