Sep 17, 2007

fun

15 comments:

Putz said...

one of my criterion for good fun is good food, sea food, steak, brats, bar-b-que, mexican, chinese, bennent's, timothys, not mac cheese or broild chicken

Putz said...

another criterion for fun would be to not have anyone sick(if possible)....i remember feeling bad for mike when he was sick on christmas.....that kindof spoiled my fun....also some fun has been spontanious, but tony wants fun to be well planned...either way i guess...i remember how much fun robert young was having driving my station wagon off road to get to some big elk that looked like they were charging...that was fun for him, but mom later said my nervous gestures of waving my arms and panicking spoiled the fun of the trip...once my fun on a bus trip to ireland was spoiled when i finally realized i was a young 20 year old stuck with only old maids

Putz said...

i think also our expectations either hieghten or spoil the fun..also screaming kids,sometimes, but often the kids make the whole trip...i guess our whole attitude...once at san louis obisbo, the ice plants and the walk down the steps to the pacific made the trip, and karen playing in the ocean and me thinking i was the "big shot" on the trip...wow

YZGuy said...

My criterion is cheap food. No fancy restraunts. I can serve myself get my own drinks, thank you. You can have a "no plan" plan as long as we know that's the plan, we will just plan to not be waiting for you while you are not planning.

YZGuy said...

Plans can change, things can still be spontanious. There are more chances for memories and spontanious events when there is a plan instead of sitting in a motel looking at a wall, or a pillow... just my thoughts. I know your not knocking my ideas, I am not knocking anyone elses either...

YZGuy said...

No crowds is nice... I like dirt too, and air.

Putz said...

i was thinkig about a gorrila chained up against a drab brick wall in a zoo, no water, no companionship, no color, no trees, no vine, no toys, ...he did have air and sky...so tony you need your soil too but it would be nice to have a few formations to it as you zoom around in it...also time is an element that gorrilla could find some fun scatching itself for an hour or two but one or two years down the road in the same place would be too much fun for his scratching

Skybob said...

You Barlow "cabin" folks could share the cost of an RV rental for the weekend with the Youngs for about the same cost as a motel, then we could go to skyline or anywhere else on the planet(not too far though)and all be together and do whatever we want. Rob and Karen could cook good food, or I could cook bad food...Outdoor movies, whatever. Just another idea from my small brain. Tents are cheaper, but hey, whatever. We would have one extra bed in our trailer too.

Putz said...

have you ever looked up big water utah in kane vally for fun????

Skybob said...

Are you referring to the town of Big Water? It is about 4 miles North of where we were water skiing last weekend. We were at a place called "Lone Rock" They even had OHV trails there. Pretty cool.

Daniel said...

You should check out my cabin, it sure looks nice now! Yes, I am a cabin folk because I own one!

Skybob said...

Do you have any more pictures of your cabin, or just the ones that have been on your blog for a week?

Daniel said...

Actually it still looks the same as the pictures that has been in my blog for a week. Once I get my stove in, my cabinets in, and the ceiling fixed, I will take more pictures. Probably next month, I will make a big tv stand like mom's in the dining room. Then a new wood-cushion chair. So, that's about it. It should be done by next month or so.

Anonymous said...

FUN:

Is in the eye of the beholder! What's fun for me is torture for others; what is fun for others might be torture for me! The world would be sooo boring if everyone was the same!

Anonymous said...

I feel really bad for the Gorilla. Is he getting a free buffet breakfast with his ocean view condo? I know if I was a Gorilla, and I had all the amenities in the world and I was chained up against a wall, I would still be bored because I would have no other Gorilla's to talk to. However, if you gave me a cell phone I would be A-OK