this may be unpopular for my family, BUT;i'm for obama...did you hear his speech, nosurfgirl??
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
20 comments:
How can you vote for someone for the president of the united states of america that would refuse to put his hand over his heart for the national anthem?..who would refuse to respect our flag?..refuse to respect our troops? refuse to respect those that have died for our freedom?
CLICK HERE
Tony;
How can anyone vote for a president who is going to continue a useless campaign that should never have begun and is stretching our military thin, and is bringing us deeper and deeper into debt with other nations? Who will be unwilling to work with other nations in settling with the unstable countries in the world, thus furthering the antagonism that most of the world holds toward Americans? Who is willing to listen in on private conversations without a search warrant in order to spy on the American people, all under the very tenuous banner of "war on terrorism." Who says he talks straight but then is willing to get down and dirty in his own political campaigning? John McCain would be Poisonous to our Country right now. All that you have spouted is useless rhetoric; OBama stands for something very Real, a direction that America desperately needs to take in these next four (and hopefully eight) years.
hey Barlow,
I couldn't find the speech you're talking about. :)
I don't think I said who I was voting for..did I?
I don't believe in what Obama "stands for".
..you think it's "useless rhetoric" to talk about the character and core beliefs of the man that will lead our country?
i don't want a 100 year war and i heard him deny those things he is accused of, and nosurfgirl, it was his today speech on his rebuttual on his pastor's remarks
nosurfgirl it sounds like you watch too much TV. All your arguments are what Hollywood and the media are trying to stuff down our throats.
The reason for going to war was sound, President Bush was trying to do his job and protect our country, he told Sadam that he either had to prove that he no longer had weapons of mass distruction or we would come in and remove him from power. He did not do it so we did exactly what we said we were going to do and went in and took him out. If we were a lesser country we would have just left then and let them to their civil war and termoil. But we live in the United States of America the greatest country in the world and we will stay until they are ready to be on their own. That is one thing that sets us apart from other countries when we win a war we don't take over that country nor do we leave them in a state of ruin. We help them get on their feet and then we let them go on their own.
If it stopped people from dying (which it has) by allowing people to listen in on conversations then I am all for it maybe it was me or my family that was saved. If you overheard someone telling someone else that they were going to go blow up a building wouldn't you act on it or according to your logic you shouldn't have been listening in so you should not warn the police and save all the lives that could be lost.
People who are mad at President Bush for not stopping Osama before 9/11 (something that Clinton should have done when he attacked our country twice during his presidency, but he had no spine) are the same people who are mad that he went in and stopped Sadam before he could attack us. So if he had gone after Osama before 9/11 I am sure everyone would have been mad about that to. We luckly do not know what Sadam would have done to us in the future because he is no longer a threat. And even if he did nothing to us look at the thousands of graves of kids executed with their hands tied behind their backs in their own country. Aren't we suposed to help those who cannot help themselves.
Obama may stand for something "REAL" as you say but it is real bad. I feel with all my heart that he would be the worst thing for this country I think he is to niave and narrowminded.
I think the most important characteristics that a President can have is his Patritism and his values. If he is lead by God trying to do what is the best for the country then how can we go wrong. There is never going to be a perfect canadate because there are no perfect people on the earth and we will not always agree on certain issues but I think we need to have a President who loves this country with all their heart who believes in God and follows his commandments.
Actually... I read a lot of news, both traditionally conservative and liberal. I' actually have quite a moderate stance on politics. :)
I most definitely don't believe in what McCain stands for. I could have believed in what Romney stands for, if he stood for what he actually does Stand for. And as far as other republicans are concerned... the only candidate that I could really agree with on most issues is Ron Paul, but he is now out of the race. I love Obama, despise Hillary, and despise McCain slightly lmore than I despise HIllary. :) It's all good... we all vote for whom we vote for, and nobody is a bad person for believing in a certain candidate. I just wanted to post the other side, because your way of expressing things was a little combative, tony. I think Barack Obama's character is far more impeccable than either McCain's or Hillary's. He has principles, and reasons for what he does and chooses, and they are principles that, if you explored them more thoroughly, you might actually agree with. I know that Obama is passionate about America, he just doesn't belive in the America we have become, and I think almost everyone agrees with that right now. We're on the wrong track.
The things that I see that we are on the wrong track with is our values and morality. We need to trust in God, stand by Marriage, Help our famliys, Treat others with respect, Take care of those around us, Love everyone, and be the best we can.
I just say things the way they are...sorry.
It's too bad Romney didn't make it, I didn't look at his views too much before he dropped out, but I am sure his basic beliefs and values would be similar to mine.
Maybe we are not on a perfect track right now, but anyone who is LDS has to belive that war is sometimes innevitable. In my opinion, when the first plane hit the world trade center, we were at war. It wasn't by choice.
right. and I'm not against the fact that we went into Afghanistan. The problem is Iraq. We had absolutely no basis for going in there... the W of M D were completely fabricated. Yes, some argue that we don't know that they weren't destroyed before we got in to see if they were there, but all the intelligence that we have recieved (and reviewed more thoroughly as the war has become increasingly unpopular) shows that there was little reason to believe there were WMD in Iraq.
The real reason we went into Iraq: The Bushes had beef with Sadam and wanted to finish the job. And, establishing a presence in Iraq was advantageous to the US. It was an excuse, nothing more. NOw there is al Queida in Iraq, now that we've stirred up the hornets' nest of the middle east and gotten everyone to sympathize against us. One could almost argue that we did more to help the terrorists by going to war in Iraq than any sort of campaigning they could have done on their own behalfs.
And there's wehre I step off my soapbox :)
They had wepons of mass destruction at one point, they used them on their own people, and we said prove you don't or we will come in and take you out. They didn't try to prove they didn't have them so we had no choice. (anyone with kids knows that you can't say do this or else that and not keep up the that) How are you so sure that the al Queida was not there before? Also your Bush beef theory is lame at best. There was enough evidence of WoMD that the majority of elected officials felt it necessary to go to war. They just change their stance now. Anyone can look back and say that was a bad choice, I sure we have all done it in our lives. At the time with what we knew, if people will admit it or not, most of us felt it was the right choice. Now we have to finish what was started.
I am sure there are people everywhere who don't like us, but mostly because they are envous of all we have. There are far more who would give everything they have to be a US citizen.
i just simply do not want a hundred year war
Amen, Barlow. I'll have to do more reading on WMD mentioned before this whole 9/11 thing, shell, and then I'll get back to you. :)
Putz, why do you keep saying you don't want a hundred year war? Isn't that kind of obvious? I kind of think that is what we are trying to avoid by taking care of people like sadaam, isn't it? I don't know anybody that would argue that we don't want war..exept maybe al Queida. Well, I'm kind of tired about taking about this crap.
Ok, this is my response to the whole "there were WMD" thing.
1) yes, hussein used chemical weapons on the kurds. And we engaged in a little batter, "you'd better prove you don't have chemical weapons," etc at the end of the last gulf war. But we never did anything about it at that point, and coming into this whole conflict again, we did not have any itelligence confirming our suspicions that they may have been harboring chemical weapons. This is becoming more and more apparent as the intelligence that lead up to the invasion of Iraq is reviewed.
2) even if they did have WMD (chemical or otherwise) this has absolutely no relation to the WTC bombing, and is not a relevant excuse for our presence there. ARe we in Iran? Are we in North Korea? Are we in China? No? Well, we ought to be if we're using the possibility of WMD as an excuse to invade a country.
3) The Majority of Elected officials were on boat during 9/11 becuase they were not expecting their permission to lead to what has happened: a large-scale invasion of Iraq. Bush guilt-tripped congress into agreeing to allow him the authority to send troops to Iraq, using intelligence that turned out to be wrong, and now he turns around and justifies his decision by completely changing focus. The goal started with the uprooting of terrorism in Iraq and now he's talking about bringing Democracy to the middle east. It's wrong, it's tenuous... at this point, it's ridiculous. We need to get out of there! We never should have gone in, we shouldn't have given Bush the leeway he got... lots of those elected officials are kicking themselves now for their decisions back then.
This is one of the areas where there seems to be no black or white. For each argument to one side we could find one to counter. I am not going to further give into the wishes of the Putz to create conflict and let it go at differing opinions.
shel, all i said was i lkied obama, and since i knew surf girl was obama, i told her along with my sttement tht i liked him, and i still do like him after his talk on race, it was better than martin luther king's talk and this hundred year war thing was mcain in january who said even if the war takes a hundred years, we will see it through to the finish, and that i don't agree with, i want out NOW
the conflict just came, no one created it
Conflict is a natural byproduct of politics. I don't mind engaging in a little debate... so long as everyone respects everybody I think it's actually good because it can help both sides understand the others' arguments, and help them find common ground perhaps.
Post a Comment