the putz mission has been pretty much KLUTZYNESS , but i need to make a tribute to my dying dad.............would have been 89 on the 15th of April.....................born in poverty..........one room shack with a bath tub in one corner for a saturday bath for 4 boys and their father...........a large bed in another corner for the 4 boys and another bed for the father who often got one of the three boys.........a coal stove for heating and cooking........he later had a job cleaning the local movie house for a nickle and a free movie pass and played tennis with a racket he shared with his brothers.......now, he from the greatest generation, he is dying like all his buddies from the war.......a painful death because he has pnemonia and a bladder infection..........massive heart attack and stroke.........of course he is my hero......he got to the point in his life when he was pretty much perfect.......i will try to live my life from now on as if he were watching my every move and do grand things.....like feed my pets and my birds and go on grand walks with them.......................that is all i can say right now
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago

15 comments:
Putz, I wish you and your family all the strength you need at this hard time.
Tough days and weeks ahead, all my best for your dad.
take care.
I'm sorry, P.
Dad, you have a poets heart. I know grandpa is proud of you, and he will be happy soon.
my thoughts are with you mr. p.
I know that this is hard for you and your family. It is so hard to watch someone you love die. Just know that he will be in a better place with the loving arms of his Savior around him. I will keep your family in my prayers and just know that my heart aches for you....Hang in there.
Right now the song, "Leader of the band" is rolling around in my head. I always cry when I hear it because it makes me think of my dad.
Very nice post. I am so glad we got to see Grandpa Sunday. He looked peaceful. I am glad my kids got to see him again also. I know he knows we were there.
Beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing this painful time with us. May we all be remembered so fondly.
Very nicely put. I know I will also have fond memories of Grandpa, especially when you two were together. You are truely his son and I know he is proud of you and you will carry on the the 'Barlow Legacy' (whatever that may be?)! I am so happy me and my boys got to say goodbye on Sunday. That is a memory I will treasure for the rest of my life. I truely feel Grandpa understood and also said goodbye to all of us.
Thanks Dad,
Love Mike
I've been thinking about your family.....
In the end, as in the beginning, may dignity and love be the guiding force for you and your family. I will be thinking of you.
Thinking about you, too.
He sounds like a great man.
Sorry to hear about your dad.
Thanks for posting on my blog.
Sorry to hear about Putz passing.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate
89...I have to say "Wow." How wonderful to have lived that long on this old earth of ours and to have had such a great influence for good. I know you'll miss him, but as long as you live (and your brothers and other family members), your father will live because he lives in you/them.
Post a Comment