Apr 15, 2009

the putz will be 39(67) 0n APRIl 30..places blog also book reviews and fairview canyon klondike

book reviews...child 44 by tom rob smith and cathedral by the sea by ildefonso falcones..................stalin's soviet union where the kgb made it impossible for a person to live freely and yet a serial killer was free to commit 44 child murders without being ascertained because of the fear of that period of time...a young catholic in falcones's book built a catholic cathederal and showed great faith in dedicating his life to the virgin mary who was his surragate mother....very good reading for a mormon boy showing great faith of catholics to their faith and destiny...think it would be nice to be married to the church and give that much to my own religion...liked both books...and now would rather spend time reading than blogging....sorry....vegitable is what my dinner eats for dinner.....winter camps, without fail we always had mulligen stew to eat...you do this by pouring all the soup irregardless of what kind into one big pot...tomato, cream of celery, nalley's beef stew, boullian cubes, condensed or ready to serve, you serve it in the freezsing cold and it tastes like embrosia{food of the gods]....THEN YOU DIG A DEEp hole in the snow and crawl in it out of the miunus 15 degree below weather into about a 55 degree snow cave...we had klondike races in wood snow sleds built for the scouts by the scouts,,,racing sleds....returning home from the klondike down widow maker road{named because the road had made so many women widows}i was informed that the driver had no clutch, and no breaks, and that his motor kept turning off with me and five boy scouts...that was on saturday and i immediately went into the emergency room for a prescription of blood pressure pills...i had never taken them before that day...i slept underneath the snow on most of the camps but some years i chickened out and slept in the HEATED state trooper shed....well i just plain caan't blog anymore, sorry for all of it

11 comments:

Tony said...

I still remember Shawn's and my snowcave collapsing a bit and getting our bags all wet. We decided to head out cross country skiing under a bright moon and having the binding on shawn's ski break. It took us almost till morning to trek back through the deep snow on foot. At least we kept warm all night and made it back for breakfast and the day's activities:)

Loren said...

Really interesting Mr. Putz. I like the direction of your "new" blog a lot. You have so many great experiences to share.

Anonymous said...

You have a terrific memory! Were you keeping a journal back then, or are you just able to remember that well?

justmylife said...

You have a great memory. I have trouble remembering two days ago. heh! Sorry I haven't been commenting, I have been around, but working with limited time. Hope I am back to commenting

Daniel said...

Geez Tony, you never told me that. It would be fun to cross country ski in the middle of the night but not TREKKING! I went to only two klondikes, one in Fairview with the Putz in a snow cave and one on Taylor's Flat without a snow cave also with the Putz but that one was not very cold out, it was fun!

Lucy Stern said...

Putz - come on over to Facebook and visit me there. Don't stop blogging.

Putz said...

face book plurk twitter and fritter our the new new, blogging is now obsolete

Putz said...

blogging is now obsolete

Loren said...

Reading and twitter is good. Hope you'll still visit. :(

Stuart Maughan said...

"Putz" that sounds like a name we used in my early years. You sure your not from further north. Can say that I know Spanglers, though I'm sure I could if you'd give me directions. Thanks for cumin by again.....Stu

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad, we found out today where Andrea will be visiting. I would love to hear some travel blogs on those places have visted. She is going to London, Windsor, Bath, Cambridge, York, Eninburgh, Stirling,Trossachs, Highlands, Inverness, Culloden, Loch-Ness, Fort William, Inveraray, Loch Lomond and Glasgow. How many of those places have you been?