we have been to both the north and south rims and the north is cold, pine trees, snow, outdoor camping and a small trading lodge....the south side had a motel, palm tree, was warm, had scrub trees and a large area to shop...on the north side we have a picture of me throwing,,, a ,,,,off the top into the mile deep canyon...we wore jackets and scurried into the car to get warm after the sight seeing.....on the south side we camped with a,b y, m and i can't remember the fifth letter, ryhmes help me out....some of them walked down into the mile deep canyon in that hot hot arizonia sun...we saw both the beautiful sunsets and sunrises in that arizona land...never mind bob, w and q were the other two..thank goodness i have no chance to embarass anyone, amd marlajayne, no one of the immediate fam..except maybe tony come to blog visit
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
10 comments:
1985? Grand Canyon? I must have been there..why don't I remember? Camping????
tony,wasn't thsat you who walked down from the top???from our campsite middle of the desert
I don't remember going to grand canyon with you guys. I remember bryce, yellowstone, mesa verde..I remember hiking down a trail in bryce, but I only remember camping once with all of us when your glasses rolled down the hill and into the lake in a tire. Where was that? I have a really bad memory:(
Actually, I like the North side better and we were there in the summer and it was nice and warm...Bright Angel Point was awesome with a full moon...
Tony, I LOVE Mesa Verde.... I have been there three times...
And Yes Putz, I did march that "sucker" right out of the house and into the garbage can...
this post was for me!!!
Enjoyed it
Love, Jess
A photo never does this place justice. This is a GREAT photo, but it takes your breath away when you are there!
I went to the Grand Canyon with my family in the spring of 1985. That was my first time on a plane.
Actually Tony and Putz, that was in the late nineties. I remember going with mom, Putz, Mike, and Becky. Mike and I hiked down it and the sunsets were beautiful. I'd go again. I remember I got a Grand Canyon baseball cap. I got pictures to prove it, I was like 17.
I'm jealous. I haven't climbed a single mountain or camped anywhere in Utah yet, and I have lived here 9 years. Siiiigh...
Putz, you need to post a list of the places you've gone camping with your kids. I need some good, kid-friendly camping ideas around here.
Putz, we missed you in Caineville by the way! It would have been fun for you to join us in one of our favorite places.
Post a Comment