Apr 2, 2009

places blog...sandiego..1967


descriptive adjectives...hum..the delightful, intreging, snappy, billowy, white caped, blaring, glaring, pacific ocean, a beautiful, quaint, rustic, old world motel room on the california coast with ice plant greenery and a covered ivy walk towering above the laddices while walking down to the sea on a boardwalk...it was all so private, i can't remember anyone else being on the walk in the motel or down by the ocean...ocean side in southern california which included sea world, sleek, black, slim dolphins, shammo the whale leeping, swirling, pioroetting through the air, feeding from my hand....howard johnson cafes where they served knottsberry jam, sausauge, wheat bread, ...the zoo, terrifying, fascinating, glorious, fantastic...driving through with lions coming up to the side of the car...did not like the congestion of california generally speaking,,,prefered the mountains majestic, sunrises, sunsets, orange, pink, rose, aw americana, great land

14 comments:

Jess said...

Hi putz..hope all is well... I haven't been by in forever...as usual I have been extremely busy.

Hope your April is getting off to a good start.
Have a good rest of the week
Love, Jess

Donnell Allan said...

Another poetic post. I like this one especially, having been born in San Diego.

Beautiful.

Gucci Mama said...

I'd love to be in a lace like that right now!

Lucy Stern said...

Well Putz, it seems that you get around.....Glad you are back.

Debbie said...

I've never been however, after reading this... it makes me want to visit. How are ya?

Debbie said...

I've never been however, after reading this... it makes me want to visit. How are ya?

rhymeswithplague said...

Now that's more like it! Glad to see you took me upon my suggestion!

If you can't maintain it without having a nervous breakdown, however, you have my permission to dispense with the adjectives.

My post today is not nearly as flowery as yours....which proves, I guess, that it takes all kinds.

rhymeswithplague said...

upon --> up on

Loren said...

Mr. Putz,
This is beautiful, nice imagery. NOW I fully understand what you meant by descriptive adjectives in your comment on my blog...I'm getting some strange visitors lately and not very nice. :(

Mr. Norman Whiskers said...

Mr. Putz,
I sat on a picket fence in Costa Rica and meowed the night away to win over a feline. I was the coolest cat until I got hit with a shoe and tangled up in a clothes line. When Mia Cat glanced out her window I was wearing someone's knickers. I didn't get the girl.

Reva said...

I remember alot of your descriptions of San Diego. I've been there several times and had fun most of them. The last one, however was for medical reasons and I didn't get good news, so it was bitter sweet. I still enjoyed getting a last look at the ocean before coming home. So glad you are writing. By the way, my daughter, Amber has some new pictures on her blogspot called makingmemoriesliveforever.blogspot.com . Of course I'm a little prejudiced but they really are nice and a good thing.
later,
me

Jim said...

Hey Mr. Putz, I like Sandiego too. My grandson lives over east in El Centro. That is a fairly peaceful part of California if there is one, just a little peaceful, to be found. :-)
..

Anonymous said...

Aren't pictures great? I love the way they act as memory joggers.

rhymeswithplague said...

I like photos of dolphins almost as much as descriptive adjectives!