QUESTION; is a hard copy of geneology better than a computer stored copy?...1. a hard copy is right in front of you always....2 there is no chance with a hard copy ;of keyed information(because of your particular program) being msistaken for a nother generation. 3computer ineptness(in otherwards your brain does a better job thn the computer)
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
8 comments:
Well, depends on the type of hard copy you have. Did you get a geneological society print, or just printed one out on your computer? I have seen really nice old world ones stitched into leather, but if you are looking for something more up to date with more recent generations included, then there is some nice software out there that will a. get you the hard copy after you plug in the familial information, and b. keep the family tree in a nice file on the computer, so you have a back up in case the hard copy is misplaced.
See I wanted to talk about it!
hey everybody, i'm famous,,,HONEST... i have been featured on a nationally sindicated blog called, ask dr, jim,,, this should increase traffic to my blog a hundredfold... people ought to read it , he is a nationally famous trail lawyer and he does kind of an ann lander's advice column and he took my problem on ...it is caalled..
ask dr.jim.blogspot.com
try that again correctly....Ask
Dr.Jim(BLOG)
It all depends on how much geneology you have done.....I have to say that I am not that far along on mine. I think it is probably good to have a hard copy that you can make corrections on and have right in front of you as you are working on other things. I still worry about losing things on my computer....It is never a "for sure".
Hey Barlow, I went over and checked out dr.Jim and let a comment there. Have you tried Ham radio as a hobby? It is fun and a great way to work with Preparedness for your ward and stake.
On paper everytime, something tangible is always that bit more magical!
Loving the tic tac toe by the way.
Hmmm. Good question. There are pros and cons to both options. In Sunday School Sunday we were talking about how old the scriptures were, and the teacher commented that after a period of time, paper becomes fragile if not protected in some way. The computer is nice, yet I'm a little wary about putting everything there just in case of some electronic problem. For instance, this past weekend our desktop started doing all sorts of strange things, and for a while we couldn't even get anything on the screen. I had begun thinking about all the hundreds of pictures and documents that I was surely going to lose since I didn't have backups for everything.
I know I haven't answered your question. Well, maybe I have, and the answer is, "It depends."
Post a Comment