May 19, 2008

an elegiac garden

well it is spring so i put in my garden with sorrow...last year it was a circle garden, a complete disaster because the corn on the outside didn't let the sun in the center where the peas were....this year it is a star withpeas outside on the points and beets cukes and carrots inside....people wonder(especially my farmer neighbors) wonder why i don't plant in straight lines, rows like normal people...i have a dream...an idea...i'm stupid....i want more from my garden...asetics...design from the air for my birds ..a star..a circle..a trapazoid...not a bunch of straight lines...if i can't have more than a garden...i can't be bothered

7 comments:

Blondefabulous said...

You are right to want an asthetically pleasing garden! Who wants boring old rows that just go from point a to point b. Keep 'em guessing Putz!!!!!

Skybob said...

Why limit yourself by lines at all? A star still has lines, with a circle you still are limited by the shape. Just mix them all up and toss them in the air, see what comes up.

justmylife said...

I like that! No lines. My dad does lines and it is rather boring and you dear heart, I believe, you are far from boring!

Lucy Stern said...

Lines, circles, stars, who cares, as long as it grows.......

My tomatoes are growing like wildfire and we should have some good ole' home grown tomatoes in a week or two....

Josh said...

I wish I had a garden.

Unknown said...

interesting. I hope you take some aerial photos of it for us. I especially want to see star-shaped cukes.

Beverly said...

I finally made it here to say hello and thanks for visiting my blog.

Out of the way? I think of Utah as being out of the way. LOL.

I'll post some more photos for you of my corner of the world another day.