Apr 7, 2009

places...blog...anaheim...disneyland...1974

i need to say this...salad is what my dinner eats for dinner.......................................

we went to disneyland wit a and b{i can't tell you their names in case of embarassment}in a stroller and rode on a small world after all, the theater in the round, robiison's tree house, the country bear ride,,,mark twain steamboat...main street...this was my second time around...i went there for my work when i was a civil service coordinator, i was so nervous because i was about to be fired by the police and fire departments because i wrote examinations that some could not pass....HONEST...so i endended up going over for one day and got out of there early because i was so depressed....i ate all my meals at a little dive of a resteraunt and always got an 8 ounce steak for the morning, noon and night meals and saved my $45 dollar per diem to take souveniors and stufffrom disneyland back to my family...no that was not the story of the poor little match girl...the steack always costed 2 dollars and that was with a baked potatoe and veggies....before the fam ate at howard johnstons and mexican...when we went on a small world we sang all the way through the ride...we enjoyed the theater in the round even though you had to crank your neck to see everything in a 360 % circle

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey lake boy! hehehehe

I LOVE It's A Small World and now the song is in my head....yet again. It's a happy song and I love going through there. I've been to Disneyland once with my brother years ago and Disney World quite a few times.

This is the 2nd blog I've gone to in 10 minutes that spoke of Disney.
Weird, huh?

Loren said...

I liked the 360 display. I was in the oven in 1974.

Jim said...

Hey Putz, I would see you at that little breakfast diner. I would always sit at the end counter stool down by the window.
I used to write hard exams too. But I didn't get fired. I did get talked to about a high dropout rate and never had a high one again.
Instead I made my students learn. and learn how to study. They would thank me afterward. One who got an "F" on my first test went on to get an "A" in the class. He went on to graduate from the University of Philadelphia Law School, a prestigious one. It was a Law class of mine that he was in.
I never ate ate the HowJow because it was too expensive. Mrs. Jim did before we were married. It was on her way too ...
I accidently got grits at a Holiday Inn restaurant for my breakfast one day. It was reasonable. And my first time for grits. That was before Mrs. Jim too.
..
BTW, Mrs. Jim and I have never bought a new car since we have been married (36 years) either.
..

Anonymous said...

I love Disneyworld, especially Epcot. Your post makes me want to go for a visit...maybe during Spring Break.

Ali said...

I will have to check out this whole 'Disney' thing someday--I've never been. My brother lives in Orlando so really, I have no excuse--except that I'm a hermit and don't like to leave my home:)

Debbie said...

One of my favorite places is Disney World. I've not been to Disney Land. We went last October and will be going again this coming October... you and the family should take another trip and we can all meet up and ride It's a small world!

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Putz said...

i am so worried that my blogs are still embarassing...will cool it, and maybe if i edit real carefully

Loren said...

I don't think they are half as embarassing as mine are. Besides, your recording memories of your life. Someday everyone will be glad you blogged.

Lucy Stern said...

It sounds like you had a fun time, Barlow...Glad you didn't give any names, we wouldn't want to embarrass anyone...lol. The steak sounds good, but I don't know if I could eat it three times a day...lol..

Have a Happy Easter!

justmylife said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get over here. I have read all of the new post and I think you are doing a fine and NONembarrassing job. I have never been to Disney World, I would really like to go someday.Keep writing down those memories, someday they will be glad to be able to "remember" the trips with you.

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Hi Putz,

Just sneaking in while I'm at work, do you guys celebrate 'Good Friday?' is it a holiday for you guys too? For us it's a big deal, we have a special menu which you would not understand even if I try to explain it to you, it involves a lot of fish though.

It's traditional to eat fish on Good Friday.

rhymeswithplague said...

I love your posts, Putz. I know you have decided to keep people's names anonymous (that is probably a good idea), but it is better if I have some means of identifying them, so I just invented names of my own as I read this post. Just so you know, a is Annabelle and b is Bernard.