Jun 19, 2008

movie show


jerry bryan and i went to a movie show in provo utah when we were going to college. we were both very tight with our money so what we ended up doing was very hard. we paid our money and watched 10 minutes of a movie with one of my favorite singers in it,rosemary clooney...well she started kissing this woman...i think we would have been shocked even if she were kissing a man...well jeryy said let's walk out and i said yea, but what about our paid admission? jerry said, they will just give our money back..well we talked to the manager and he said to just go back and watch the movie and don't make such a big fuss about it. i said to jerry, le'ts go but he didn't want to leave without his money...finally jerry and i left the movie theater since we were so embarassed about everyone seeing us make such a big fuss

7 comments:

Jim said...

I didn't think girls kissed girls back then! But then I didn't even go to movies.
Now that you're older and wiser you would get your money back, right?
..

justmylife said...

I was going to say I didn't know that women kissed women back then.

Blondefabulous said...

And to think.... today that is almost accepted in main stream hollywood moviedom.

Funny they wouldn't give you your money back.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

good for you standing up for your beliefs

Unknown said...

curious - what movie was that?

Reva said...

I would have asked for my money back too and wouldn't have felt embarassed by it. When a movie is advertised in such a way that you don't know ahead that it is for gays then they should give it back. My husband and I walked out of a movie a year or so ago for the same reason. According to the TV adds it was like friends, not lovers. Yea for you!

Beverly said...

Hi, Putz, thanks for the visit. My lovely Ella flew home with her parents today. My house is quiet, but I'll be seeing her again for her birthday in August.

I've seen a few movies that I should have walked out of, but I didn't. Shame on me.