Jan 13, 2009

snow antics and front yard decorations

the community has always been grateful for the barlow front yard antics...one year with tony's help we loaded up four giant balls that were each four feet high and it was a good sixteen feet into the air up above our house, wiring and tv wiring, and he had to do it with ladders...giant rocks for it's eyes, buttens , nose and mouth...it was the last snow in town to disappear that year...and then one year josh and i built a snowman in the middle of our driveway with a giant stop sign in his hand and a hat in the other preventing anyone from going anywhere up the driveway,, daniel finnally plowed into it with his car and it melted quickley then, but for days karma and becky had to park elsewhere so as to not disturb the snowman....bad water leak in walls and gas furnace venting explosive or was it a non battery operated razor...after searching the walls the culpret was discovered....a razor in the bottom of daniel's recently built cabinets, the sound going through the walls of the basement and sounding like rushing water...how could a razor exsist that was not electric have a feature of movement to it?? it was a regular razor moving on it's own up and down banging on the bottom of the drawer all on it's own?need a physazist...we had turned off all the water as well as the furnace for days before the problem was asertained....the putz is green, honest, brave and true awaiting your comments kind and pleantiful

10 comments:

Ali said...

A razor in the walls. I haven't heard that one before! Poor snowman:) Not that we get a lot of snow here in Arkansas but when we do, I love seeing snowmen in front yards.

merinz said...

Snowmen??? How about a photo or two?

justmylife said...

We haven't had enough snow to build a snowman in I would say 8-10 years.

Anonymous said...

Snowmen are the greatest! They give dogs something else to pee on. At least the dogs in my neighborhood that is...

Egghead said...

I think it was that poor snowman's ghost trying without luck to dig his way out of your wall with a dull rusty razor. How's that?

Loren said...

How much snow do you have? My kids would be in their glory to make such a sculpture.

Loren said...

Oh, I understand now. There was a razor in the cabinet buzzing. Did your pipes freeze when you shut off the water? How did the razor get in there? Was he shaving in the cabinet?

Daniel said...

I accidently left the electric razor on so it made this buzzing sound and couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from and it was in the basement bathroom by the furnace and water heater so we thought it was a gas leak or something.

Raxx - A day in the life said...

That razor story is just too weird, I'd have loved to see a pic of the snowman. having never experienced snow, I love to see it in all it's forms.

FLETCH LIVES! said...

Putz, You are an Artist like me. Misundersterstood and brilliant! I hope to keep in contact with you. ciao... old friend