this story has NEVER generally been told, buried in barlow archives for generations..so it is kind of barlow's work and the glory and it makes a nice true story...william smith, hannah hibbert's brother in law was known to his mother, bill, as a very serious boy living on the outskirts of manchester, a bustling industrial complex of glass blowing and iron works{waterford chyrstal from that area} but his life took a more sedate, rural salford countryside aura taking care of the barley fields pruning and weeding.... she showered her beliefs on young william jr. so when the mormon missionaries arrived in 1840 these two were very ready for the gospel truths and thrilled...bill preceded to be taught by orson pratt. an apostle to joseph smith, his self in salford... and william's mother mary ebiert smith, 1797, wife of william smith sr. was a spiritual woman which was very bad for her since her husband fought hard against her religious tendencies..she showered her beliefs on young william jr., so when the morman missionaries arrived in 1840 these two were very ready for the gospel truths and thrilled..she preceded the arrival of pratt and jonson by 43 years with her testimony and had almost been ready for conversion since her birth...elder pratt the senior was 33 years old and heard the truths directly from the prophet and was intellecually on fire with the principals of the restoration..he was born in 1807, 2 years after the prophet's birth...so young william was ready and prepared to be baptised and start the stone rolling forward for all including barlow the putz...in 1840 at the age of 26 william became one of the first to hear and enthusiastically bring the gospel to the entire hibbert family and eventually to the daltons and lastly to the barlows through marriage.......thank you
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
7 comments:
Very nice story, Barlow. I am a convert with not other members of my family as members of the church. You have a linage and I am starting a linage....interesting.
If you are going to have that many people eating at your house, you are going to need more than one crock pot....lol. Also, I wouldn't use the canned potatoes, I like fresh ones.
Congratulations. I didn't watch until the end. David asked me this morning who won...now I know.
Rural - Salford - Countryside. Now there are three words you never hear in one sentence these days!
Another nice snippet of history there Putz.
did you read on my side bar thart doney;s iq is 117....
It's so great that you know so much family history. Very interesting!
I have decided to answer your question in your comment on my blog over here in a comment on your blog. Seems only fair.
I'm all for agreeing to agree. Until we disagree, of course! But we will be complete gentlemen about it and stay above the fray!
I certainly do remember Keely or Keeley (definitely not Kellie) Smith and Louis Prima. They were husband and wife and made really good records, unlike Jonathan and Darlene Edwards. Another wannabe-songstress from that era whom you may remember from The Ed Sullivan Show (which was also called Toast of the Town for a while) was Mrs. Elva Miller. When she warbled, her vibrato was so wide that a truck could practically drive through it. She always ate ice chips onstage just before she sang, and often would whistle during her performance. I especially remember her rendition of Petula Clark's "Downtown." The kids today don't know what they're missing!
Hi Putz!
Post a Comment