Dec 29, 2008

osmonds

this special post is not from my distant past but is ongoing and current, special edition of the whole barlow fam instigated from daniel and esecially for tisme2gail from northcumberland england....almost in scotland...!. when george osmond was in the hospital and lived as our neighbor and was in provo hospital dying, daniel and i and berly went for hearing aid checks...i saw george walking towards me with that famous smile and he brightened right up...i said i love you george and he hugged me...he died 4 weeks later...2,,,donny did take anna osmond, his niece and my daughter becky to a movie he stared in {he was the voice in a cartoon show} for becky's 16th birthday in downtown ephraim....this was when he was single and a long time ago...tom is the deaf osmond who is one of my best friends and anna is his dAughter and he served with me in our stake mission program and just last week tom was in my high priest class when i related as a teacher how unified we were in our program and i mentioned tom and a convert to our faith, a teressa brooks, and then he said do you remember tom greenhauch????i said yes , and this fellow who had a problem with drugs was promised by tom that if he would go to church just once that he would introduce{his brother and sister].....and him to donnie and marie,,,I ENDED UP WITH HIM ON THE FRONT PUE...SO HE AND HIS DAD AND OLIVE LIVED AS OUR NEIGHBORS 5 HOUSES SOUTH OF US....also tom went camping with us many times to see if he could see a bar [BEAR}and we had a rope swing over a lake that he would go on and more than once got dumped into the lake...i have many more stories gail, just say the word and i will tell a story...here comes some more,,,merill and wayne both have homes, one in mt pleasant the other right here in ephraim...of course you are only interested in donnie, right???well he was over to my very next door neighbor and marie for a confirmation and stayed for dinner and of course we get all of marie's dolls that are just out of this world, and although donnie is doing good in his marriage and with his kids, marie hasn't fared as well, but she works at it...they really are great people and little tommy the nephew of donnie we see every day since his other grandpa lives right next door, carolyn is the wife of tom, sister-in-law to donnie...i love donnie in the tecnicolor coat of many colors...but i mostly love the music by lord byron who is all english

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh keep em coming Putz! Even though it was a long time ago, Donny was my first celebrity crush and therefore has a small place deep inside my heart. And he still looks great even now.

Isn't it amazing how a thing like a blog brings all sorts of new things into your life? Things I would never ever have known otherwise.

Thank you Putz and Daniel.

Ali said...

I love hearing your stories:)

Unknown said...

Donny and I share a mailbox service :) I've never seen him, but Skywalker has.

I also liked him in Joseph. A lot. Have you seen the movie made of that? Oh... loved it, loved it.

Jim said...

Hey Mr. Putz, I can identify with that guy and his family. Marie is a good friend of Texas people.
Donny? I think the girls liked him back in his day.

I will be scarce until the end part of January unless we can find a cheap Internet Cafe on the QM2 or in Grenada. It is getting cool here so we had to go. We did get new bathing suits last Sunday.
;-)
So check for me every now and once in a while on my Jim's Little Blog or Jim's (other Little Place) and I might put up a word or two once in a while. I will have a final goodbye coming soon.
..

Lucy Stern said...

Putz - I have always liked the Osmond family....I remember watching Donnie and Marie when we were new members of the church....Isn't it nice to know some celeberties?

Have a Happy New Year!!!!!

Debbie said...

I just saw him in "Collage Road Trip" last night. What a small world this is!

Kat said...

Lord Byron huh? I am quite the Lord Byron fan :)

justmylife said...

I used to so love Donny! I still have my Donny and Marie dolls. SOrry I have been MIA but I have been catching up. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Hey Putz!
My brother in law mad a record at the Osmond studio in the 80's. He said they were real nice folks, and Donnie was very helpful.
Happy New Year to you and your family! :)

rhymeswithplague said...

Well, I'm not a personal friend of the Osmond family, but I can quote some Byron:

"The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold,
And his cohorts were splendored in purple and gold." I think those are the opening lines of "The Destruction of Sennacharib" by George Gordon, Lord Byron.

And my neighbor two houses down wrote Black Like Me back in prehistoric times. And that and a dollar will buy me a cup of coffee. Not putting you down, Putz, just keeping it in perspective!

Also, I have spoken to Barbara Dooley, wife of Georgia's Coach Vince Dooley, which around these parts would beat a fistful of Osmonds any day of the week! Of course, so have thousands of others....

Egghead said...

Do you sing with them Putz? I love your stories.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://community.bsu.edu/members/buy+online+Viagra.aspx]buy Viagra online with overnight delivery[/url]

[url=http://eterporno.ru/prostitutki-g-hmelnickiy.php]проститутки г хмельницкий[/url]
[url=http://eterporno.ru/pamyatnik-prostitutke-praga.php]памятник проститутке прага[/url]

[url=http://pc.eterporno.ru/zadat-feferu-seks.php]задать феферу секс[/url]
[url=http://pc.eterporno.ru/sereznye-znakomstva-perm.php]серьезные знакомства пермь[/url]

[url=http://pv.eterporno.ru/trans-intim-dosug.php]транс интим досуг[/url]
[url=http://pv.eterporno.ru/znakomstva-g-usinsk.php]знакомства г усинск[/url]

[url=http://px.eterporno.ru/2-mohnatye-blyadi.php]2 мохнатые бляди[/url]
[url=http://px.eterporno.ru/znakomstva-gorod-buy.php]знакомства город буй[/url]
[url=http://px.eterporno.ru/bdsm-znakomstva.php]Bdsm-знакомства[/url]

[url=http://pz.eterporno.ru/mama-doch-prostitutki.php]мама дочь проститутки[/url]
[url=http://pz.eterporno.ru/gde-poznakomitsya-s-geem.php]где познакомиться с геем[/url]

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

интим павловский посад секс знакомства let s sex брест-секс знакомства. интим знакомства в крыму иркутск секс знакомства welcome guest шлюхи просвещения выезд секс знакомства севастополь action шлюхи города белгорода с выездом транс проститутки москвы секс знакомства в г казани vip проститутки москвы секс знакомств нижегордский проститутки просвещения

секс знакомства летс секс

Anonymous said...

бляди анапы проститутки за 60 номер телефон интимные знакомства в г.ставрополе проститутки на ночь в питере г Нефтекамск проститутку шлюхи из камышина секс знакомства уз интим знакомства по смс шлюхи пекин индивидуалки города астрахани красноярские интимные знакомства сайт интим знакомства нижегородская обл Марина проститутка

рубцовск секс знакомства