Dec 1, 2008

future,forthcoming obit....Putz 1942 t0 20__ __


david harold barlow was born to harold barlow and josephine silver and was taught to love the savior by serving others especially the poor in heart and felt "ministering" his most important job,,he was born on april 30 1942 in salt lake city but spent most of this time in tooele and ephraim...he graduated from verdun high school in france and brigham young university in provo..he played some tennis and wrote heis own autobiography'IGNOBLE ENIGMA' he was a avd geneologist in tracing his barlow lines and doing the work hiself's in the temple..he was a vetern in the us army and married karmalee desimone on december 18, l1964...they raised three sons and two daughters...he was a college recruiter and personnel representatvie for the salt lke city corporation and sperry utah corporation...david retired from a career in the church of jesus christ of latter day saints..he was a stake mission president, teacher and spent 5 years in europe, 3 of them in france and 2 of them as a missionary in england and he loved to track out homes..he worked two years as a placement director and at snow college,,,david loved his scriptures and church history...he served in the central british mission under james e cullimore where he was able to meet many of his grandfather's family at a get together in salford england..he is survvied by his wife, karma. his five children and 7 grandchildren...interment will be in the ephraim utah cemetary where friends , neighbors, and bloggers are welcome to a party afterwards, where david the putz" plans to be in attendance, or if they would rather GO SHOPPING with karma
Barnes & Noble Gift Cards - Holiday

10 comments:

Loren said...

Hi Putz,
That's some life you have here. Looks like you focus on what's most important.Good job... I'm sure you have many more interesting adventures to add still, but you and the wife should start partying now, being that the kids are grown. :)

Loren said...

P.S. I've been to Salt Lake City and it's beautiful. It's strange for me to see mountains on the horizon. Loved the chirping bird sound at crosswalks. Do they ever break?

Anonymous said...

Now that's a tough choice - party or shopping?????

You're a strange old bird but I do love you!

and I love the name Karmalee. Is there any story behind her being called that?

Egghead said...

Are you expecting to leave us soon? I think writing your own obit is probably wise. If I let me family I might end up being someone besides myself.

merinz said...

Hi Putz - why the obit? Are you feeling 'down in the dumps' today? Your age catching up with you?
Seriously - I enjoyed reading about your life. How much better to hear it now rather than later.

In about 1898 three of my Grandfathers sisters and one of his brothers went to live in Utah. They were members of the LDS church and all married there. So I have lots and lots of cousins living in Idaho and Utah, some have been out to New Zealand as missionaries. Some of the family names are Reddish, Neilsen, and Petersen.

Donnell Allan said...

I have just two requests:

(1) add the story you told me about feeding the beggar and

(2) don't die for a long time

rhymeswithplague said...

I was a little taken aback to be reading your obituary. As Scarlett O'Hara once said, I'll think about that tomorrow.

Ali said...

I think I need to write my obit and then try and live up to it.

Putz said...

i don't feel good and don't like doctors so is everyone ready for my immediate demise???

Donnell Allan said...

no.