
.mine is like an explosion of saurkraut...all over the place...IS anyone out there in blog land aware of issac's estrangement from rebbecca??i hear that she lived 40 years alone in a tent apart from him because he smelled bad..when we lived in midvale we had large open fields...our next door neighbor whose name is pack had giant pine trees that covered a whole half acre of ground....we walked a quarter of a mile to pick up fresh bottles of milk from the smart line dairy...this was all at 7200 south 113o east in salt lake city...i had a bishop who would take me on hundred mile rides to fairview to talk about his two counselors and how to motivate them to greater works and heights...he later moved to SANPETE, as did one of his counselors, as did i also to ephraim..

12 comments:
My grand-daddy's name was Harold. We have much in common well.... except I'm a Roll Tide Roll gal.
Sometimes my location changes depending on where I log in, and soemtimes it says i'm in Edinburgh when I'm not - although I would like to be!
Oh Putz! You are quite a guy. Sometimes I wish things were as they were back when you walked a quarter of a mile to pick up fresh milk. But then we wouldn't have the internet would we?
I'll have to work on the pictures for you. I'm always the one taking them.
I like the sauerkraut analogy. You are very funny, Mr. Putz. That's a beautiful pic of the mountains behind the city.
I am not a fan of Ricky Bobby or of Will Ferrell in general. Most all of the Saturday Night Live alumni like to foist crude humor on the rest of us. I ain't buying.
I never heard that about Isaac and Rebecca. That's interesting. I don't think it's in the Old Testament, but it might be in other writings within Judaism or just a tradition in Israel. If their separation is true, it might just be the other way 'round, not that she left him because he smelled bad, but he might have put her out for helping Jacob deceive him into giving his blessing to Jacob instead of Esau. This sounds more likely, and that Rebecca made up the story in answer to people who wondered why they were not together. This is all just speculation on my part.
P.S. - I had a concussion when I was not quite two years old. I was walking along a sidewalk in Queens, New York, with my mother, and running my hand along a chain-link fence next to a schoolyard that was below sidewalk level, when suddenly I encountered an opening in the fence that my mother didn't see, fell six feet, and landed on my head.
So that's something else we have in common, Putz!
Don't blame your writing style on that because I'm doing just fine, thank you!
The Boy fell out of the truck onto his head, that could explain a lot.
Lucy liked our Houston snow:
"Lucy Stern said...
Jim, the snow was awesome, wasn't it.....The phone was ringing off the wall with the kids calling and my brother and sisters calling too. Everyone was like a "kid in a candy store".....lol."
Like I said in my blog, we didn't get enough to stay on the ground up here. But down in Houston they had two to four inches.
And I know, you have enough or make enough to have Winter Olympics in Utah.
I left my snow shovel in Nebraska when I came to Texas. I don't want to be in snow except to go through it or vacation ever again.
..
I reread Genisis 24 to the end of Rebekah lookups and it wasn't there about an estrangement.
..
Jim is right Putz, it DID snow in Houston....It is so rare that we jump up and down and call everyone to tell them.....
I feel out of the car when I was about six years old, but I don't think I landed on my head. I was so scared that I might get run over, that I jumped up and back into the car.....I never sat by that door again....lol.
The old days do bring up good memories.....We had an open field at the end of our street and we used to play "forts" until they decided to build an apartment complex on that field....Boo Hiss...
Stay strong Barlow.....
I love only praying to the baby Jesus, especially at dinner time :) Loved that movie.
for you who din't think that ricky boobby sequence praying to the baby jesus wasn't funny but was crude, just don't get it, 'you just don't get it'
Post a Comment