mathew 1 and 2 is all about the wise men.s view of Christ's birth
daniel says i have to outline this year's pageant in advance...it will be held as usual on
decemeber 24
th 2008 at 7 p.m.....there will be a green cradle, but a live person will not be in it, since no babies will be around our house on
christmas eve, also since the savior was two years old when the wisemen finally got to him, he wasn't a baby any more so we won't need a cradle anyway..........
becky barlow will be
mary the mother of Jesus.....
joseph will be played by the putz....i also have to be the many
shepards, since none of my boys will be around
christmas eve except
daniel....that means
daniel is a
innkeeeper and a
wiseman....
karmalee will be an angel...speeding will be a black sheep....sandy and duke will be camels...
jaspher bell will be gold
frankensense and
myrrr.....the text will be
mathew chapter two......and open one
christmas present that is generally pajamas...i think that is it
EXCEPT THAT WE WILL SING CHRISTMAS MUSIC THROUGHOUT THE play and especially silent night
27 comments:
We were talking about things we can do to make traditions with our families during Christmas that is related to Christ in church today in the elder's quorum. This is a good tradition we have. We have doing it for 40 years. Grandma Jo was the first angel I heard.
another tradition that I want is to give away all of our money and property down to the last penny to a relative, a stepmom. If I did that...that would be the last time I would ever do it. because then i will be dirt poor.
I would come if I could. I'm almost tempted to... I'd love to see Putz With a Towel On His Head. :P
Merry Christmas, Barlow Putz.
To far away from Alabama! Merry Christmas!
Polly
This sounds like a very special tradition. I’m in Alabama also so it’s not close enough or I would love to visit. You will have to show us some pictures and tell us all about it.
Oh yes I am a Roll Tide Roll gal all the way.
Hmmmm...you appeal to Southerners. I am a hog. I mean a Razorback.
What sweet memories you all must have from over the years! I don't believe I can recall a single Christmas pageant in which someone played gold, frankincense, and myrrh....
I am in Georgia. Utah is too far away, but I might be talked into coming to Alabama....
Sounds like a wonderful tradition!
Can't afford the ticket though...lol
Have a wonderful week
Just coming by to send some love and catch up
Jess
Love that movie, The Nativity...it is so well done. You hold a pageant right in your house with your family? How beautiful!
I could Fed Ex Hell Hound to you and you can dress her as Herod. Just kidding :)
Wonderful memories. I especially like the year you dressed up as a camel...remember that dad? I wish I could afford a ticket too. I guess all your bloggers are to far away!
It is a good tradition, Putz. I wish I could afford to fly up and be in the audiance....Of course you would have to put me up for the night and let me stay for Christmas dinner.
Only one of our kids will be around this Christmas. Jennifer and her little family will be going to see her grandmother/grandfather in Florida and Bonnie will be working this Christmas. Our Son, William, will be the only one at home. We will have Christmas dinner at my sisters with the rest of the family, but it will be different with our kids gone....hummmmmm!
I wish I was closer, I sure would be there. *You seem to attract people from Alabama. What gives?*
I'm close enough to drive it, but our own family tradition will prevent that. This is our first grandbaby's Christmas and we are juggling all of our schedules to be together. Wish I could see it though! At our house we also open pajamas on Christmas eve. Nothing like new pj's. Very warm and comfortable. Good luck with your show! :)
I gotta be honest..I often wished "the camel" could have been a bit more serious about the whole deal, but...it is a good tradition in theory.:)
i'm sorry you didn't like it, maybe we will drop it
It's a good tradition, we are looking forward to seeing pictures of the play again this year!
Do you still keep the tradition of setting the smoke alarm off?
becky says the noise of the smoke alarm will bother speeding and that a fire would make the gas pipe in the fireplace explode
I forgot about the gas pipe.
Bummer.
Hey Mr. Putz, you've been busy since I was here last time! You pageant ought to be good, the Script is Perfect, it's up to the actors and the Lord now.
Too bad you live so far away or I'd come!
That's a good idea to put up the bowl games on your blog to remember.
I mark my calendar.
One more thing for the bowl games, I might as well break down and get cable so I can see them all. No use waiting until February 17 when all on my TV will go to snow.
..
I have read of many churches celebrating Christmas with Pageants that include an actual baby portraying the role of 'baby Jesus'. Our first child Ruth, was born December 12th, 1981 and was chosen to be 'baby Jesus' for our church's (Reba Place Fellowship) Christmas Eve service. Last year, our grandson, Charlie, born on Oct. 19th 2008, was chosen, also at Reba Place Fellowship. But in prison no such ritual exists.
I wasn't even thinking about babies being in Christmas plays back in 1972. This was yet another year in prison, the difference being this was my first Christmas as a christian. The Christmas service held new meaning for me as we sang the traditional Christmas Carols bringing with it a hope for a new life with a redeemed future. Christian volunteers were a part of our service at the U. S. Medical Center for Prisoners in Springfield, Mo.
As our service wound to completion a cry was heard. The faint
whimpering of a baby. My first thought was that I wasn't hearing what I thought I had heard. I had been in prison for many years and had never even seen a baby inside of a prison (not counting my infrequent times in the visiting room.) But there it was again, a baby crying. Someone, a volunteer, had brought their baby into the service wrapped in a blanket unnoticed by the guards. I then thought, there was our 'baby
Jesus'. The parents of the yet unknown child were the children of an older couple (Lloyd and Nita Colbaugh) who had only a few years previously began their ministry to the prison. Even the great-grandmother, (Mom Carter) was a volunteer and had played a significant role in my own conversion, telling me that God had a plan for my life.
Life would go on and the incident of 'baby Jesus' coming to prison would fade to a memory, until the baby grew up and now is known throughout many countries far and wide as acclaimed Christian
singer/songwriter Sara Groves. I hope this story adds to your appreciation of the life of Sara and her family.
John C Thomson
maybe we could make a chior ou of all the people that live in alabama from those who vist my blog...they could sing how i love ya how i love ya my dear old mammmy, silent night, and i saw mommy kissin sant and a reindeer ran over grand mom in his sleigh...all the classics.....how about it bama???
That is a wonderful tradition. I see many would love to see it. Perhaps you could video it and post it.
I've just been sitting here watching BYU television and listening to the wonderful Christmas music.
Putz this sounds so wonderful. I love that you dressed as a camel one year. Ha! Ha! It sounds like your family has a fun time. I would love to be there watching this. Take some pictures for all of us, OK?
Putz, why don't you have someone video your production and you could post it for all of us that can't make the original showing?
Really nice blog...very original!
barlowputz.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading barlowputz.blogspot.com every day.
bad credit personal loan
canadian payday loans
Post a Comment