Aug 15, 2008

let's say we did, and don't

i am going to write a brand new make believe story...my dad always says just say you did, and it is as good as if you did....SO; a trip to brian head this week end wit thew fam...we headed out the drive way at 12noon on friday and drove through the picturesk cove fort area with and the red and sand colored rock formations noteting the treck of the cove fort pioneers...arrived at brian head at 300 and saw the tall peak of "brian's head" and unpackeed while dan rode his $4000 bike through the trail head...we ate at pepe la plu's restaurant and had esgargot in mushroom sause...afterwards we lounged in our favorite spa at the hotel...we watched the olypmpics on our t.v. and went to bed with the silent hum of the airconditioner...wokwe up and had a later brunch of rolls, eggs, and bisquits...walked up to the lodge and then out to the trail to 'BRIAN'S HEAD", GOT back to see a school of moose cross the srtream...we had a quick lunch of lunchmeat and cheese and checked out of the hotel by 11 a.m.....we took a leisrely drive down the canyon to cedar city to buy some personal supplies for speedy, our hearing dog...headed for the longer drive home and arrived on saturday at 600clock..NOW THERE I DON'T HAVE TO GO

14 comments:

Jess said...

Too funny!

Have a great end of the week Putz

maryt/theteach said...

My mother said it this way: Let's not and say we did! Are we related Barlow? :)

Jim said...

Hey Mr. Putz, that sounds almost as bad as an Nebraska blizzard. You don't ever want to be in one of those. People leave their homes from upstairs windows if they are lucky enough to have one.

Thank you for the visit (official, not lurking) to my "Dogs of Telluride, Colorado" post. I appreciate that and your leaving the comment.

For the record, Adi was here in Kayty, Texas, Mrs. Jim and I were in Telluride.
Our friends' dog in Telluride is Luke.
Just a lot of those fellows were with their wives/girl friends, waiting outside while the ladies shopped. We met seven tourists with their dogs, a lot of the fellows had the dogs while the ladies shopped.

Anonymous said...

Dad,

I enjoyed your "make believe story". I know that Becky, Mom and Dan had a great time in Brian Head. It's too bad you decided not to go with them. I bet the scenery was beautiful. I am glad Dan enjoyed his bike ride.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,
Just FYI but one of your links (Morman) actually leads to an Anti-Mormon web-site called Living Hope Ministries, you may want to delte it (the one that goes to Shop-zilla)

Daniel said...

Pretty good, but you got one thing wrong. We did not have an air conditioner.

Daniel said...

The highest it ever gets is like 80 because it is at 9,000 feet.

Skybob said...

Olympics, spas, fancy restraunts...what else can I say?

Anonymous said...

If you didn't do these things, you should! They sound great.

Debbie said...

I misunderstood and was going to say what a beautiful time you had! I didn't know you were making it up. Tired here. I love the story though, especially the moose crossing.

Yes, Fay is Gay and looney!

Lorie said...

I bet you would have had a blessing if you had gone and done it....Especially the spa part and all the good food!
Have a good one!
Lorie

Betty said...

Amazing imagination, Putz!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha....I know the feeling sometimes..."let's not and say we did..." LOL

justmylife said...

I think it would be nice to really go, not just make believe.