did you know, were you aware of the tradedy unfolding in pakistan?, k2 climbers caught near everest ON K2 MOUNTAIN, with a fallen chunk of ice on the their permanent secure ropes, have lost 11 of the 30 men who were caught on the mountain....this is worse than the 1996 incident written by john krackauer"into thin air' WHERE 6 WERE KILLED....this story is almost finished in unfolding. still some are unaccounted for, a dutchman is safe as well as a few others including sherpas and a famous irish climber....the BOTTLENECK seems to be where the climbers lost their orientation, and a few who made it to the top but couldn't climb down when there was still daylight...i am sure a book will be written and we can fin out as we did in krackauer's book
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
7 comments:
That is so sad. Sorry to hear about this and thanks for sharing it with us.
Yes it is sad. Don't you think climbing mountains at 20,000 vertical feet or higher is uuuuuh, suicidal??? Jeez, I love to climb mountains but I wouldn't risk my life on a mountain you are not sure you are going to make it or not. Like where it storms like hell and the air is so thin. I'll stick with 11,000 feet or lower, sounds good to me. I think those people on K2 and Everest are just totally INSANE!
I hadn't heard this. Thanks for sharing this bit of sad news.
I was out of the loop over the weekend as far as hearing news goes. That is indeed sad.
Terrible story! Enjoy yourself Barlow in London! :) Talk to you when you get back!
I heard about this on the radio. I guess it's all part of the thrill of being a climber, there is always going to be danger. It's awful when this happens, but they died doing something they enjoyed I suppose.
disclaimer....i never sAid going to london, said I WILL WRITE A BLOG WHEN A I WAS IN LONDEN BEFORE, about the wax mueseum, piccadilly circus, hdye park where i got up on a wooden box and preached jesus and him crucified, and of course the underground, high holburn, etc.etc.etc.
Post a Comment