Jun 21, 2008

for my french traveler, blondevoyage

in towns like etain, you could buy a cheap bottle of champaaine with a dead bug in the middle of it....somebody explain that TO ME...was that pickled to me? It only proved that it was bad enough to kill bugs...i bought french bread down in the town square

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love old French town squares, but they always have a strange smell to them.

never had pickled bug though.

maryt/theteach said...

Hi Barlow, can't believe you ate all those unappetizing things you listed on my blog... Yuck! :)

Brenda said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by for a visit.
God bless,
Brenda

Jim said...

I can't explain it but there are worms in the bottom of a bottle of some of the good tequila.
China has wine with snakes in the bottom of the bottle.
I had a fly in mine one time until I zipped it up.
..

Unknown said...

french bread is delicious.

have you ever had silkwork larvae.

Kat said...

Thanks for stopping by! You made me (and hubby) chuckle with the irishman joke. Though I agree, I would not drink anything in it with a dead or pickled bug. This lassie has some standards! ha ha

justmylife said...

EEEEWWWW!!!! No bugs for me thank you very much!

Daniel said...

That strange smell at the old French town squares is the sewer! Their sewer system is not underground in pipes. They actually poop and pee go down the sewer ditches. It's really gross, that's why France is so bad.

Martin said...

ah yes, the delightful French champagne.

almost heavenly. almost.