i have done some real research on this...our halloween costumes for our five children were always indicative of their inheritently different personalities as they passed from year to year...first kimberly and karen used to go together and karen as a big sister would always take tony, and then mike, bec and dan...this is how our halloween looked...becky was a bird,cat,witch, rabbit, bunny rabbit, raggetty ann and dancer...daniel was a clown, army guy mummy, grim reaper and a weird grown up...mike was a a pirate, army guy, cool dude, robot and refridgerator....tony was a deer hunter...karen was a ballerina...now days some dress up as women of the night, real bad stuff...things have really changed
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
15 comments:
Yes sir they sure have. I remember going treat or treating all over the neighborhood with my friends. We were not afraid or had any reason to be scared to eat the candy. The only place we take the grandkids now days is to truck a treat at church. It has changed and not for the better! Have a great day!
Hey Mr. Putz, you are right on here. But don't worry about it too much or you could be dreaming about these things as well.
"Teach your children well" and they will be less apt to be doing these satanic things. Good advice for the grandkids too.
I tried to interpret dreams on my blog at one time before you started reading it.
It was a flop. I even had a book to go by.
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search/label/Dreams
Perhaps you library has this book, ours did. Or check the Amazon.com link on the second post from this link.
"Hope this helps, Ask Dr. Jim."
..
we used to have to plan our halloween costumes around our ski jackets!! Many years I wore a costume with a down filled coat underneath. LOL
can you believe that Halloween is right around the corner??
Oh, Halloween was so much fun. I remember as a teen accompanying younger children around. It's too bad that things are so different now...I love to have kids come to my door at Halloween all dressed up. I must confess that as it gets later, and the kids get bigger, I turn my light off and lock my door.
We don't celebrate halloween here. Some celebrate it but it is very unusual to have anyone arrive at the door. it is viewed as an American custom, not ours.
Actually it scares me a little with the weird costumes.
Times have changed.....I remember going all over the neighborhood with my brother and sisters all by myself. Kids were everywhere. We would get lots of candy, take it home and give mom the candy we didn't like and she would give it out to other kids.
Then came Ronald Clark O'Brien, right there in our neck of the woods, who tried to poison his own children with tainted pixy sticks. It was now dangerous to eat the candy and took a lot of the fun out of halloween.
I am grateful that our church has youth Halloween carnivals that the children can go to. We know that they will be safe and they get good candy and treats. We do what we have to do to protect our children.
We have to put our cars up in the driveway so that some of the teenagers don't egg them on Halloween.....Yes, times have changed.
Putz, I didn't mean to sound so negative, but I do miss the times when we could walk around freely...
A lot of people use it as an excuse to dress like whores. We close off downtown Kernersville and the kids trick or treat from all of the downtown businesses (including the police and fire depts) and there is a littel carnival. If your Greensboro family members have kids they might want to head our way...it's a safe family night! I'm always dressed in prison stripes sitting in our "jail cell" in the street giving out candy. TOO much fun!!! Oh, I bought Katie a little ladybug outfit! Can't wait to see it on her! Last year she was a skunk! I'll definately post pics.
I agree, it is sad how times have changed.
Dad, my favorite Halloween memory is when I wore your wooden shoes and marched in the Halloween parade. (I was a little Dutch Girl) My feet hurt so bad that I finally ended up riding on Diana Jensens back!
Putz - drink some Chamomile tea before going to bed. Celestal Seasons make a good Decaf one and it will help relax you, along with your flowers, squash, blue men and Music.....lol Enjoy conference.
I hear Pesta is good for you too!
..
My eldest refused point blank to dress up as anything - or if he could be persuaded all it took was one comment and it would be off.
My youngest will dress up in anything. We have Power Rangers, Indiana Jones, Spiderman and a skeleton suit in his wardrobe. he's asking for a Clone Trooper outfit for his birthday this year.
Times they are a-changing putz!
Barlow, so I'm a Gemini...want ta make somethin' of it?
Ha!
My 8 year old asked if he REALLY had to dress up this year. "Won't they just give me candy anyway?" 3 y/o on the other hand is ALL over the Star Wars Storm Trooper costume... sigh. They are so different!
Post a Comment