my daughter karen said it would more interesting to tell a story of war and horror that a romance story...so it is her fault...do not raise your head the drill sergent bellowed...we had to crawl under a three foot high barb wire with live fire, actual machine gun fire going over our heads...the bullets were to pass over our heads at excactully three feet, uless they lided top us, but i sre wasn't going to take that chance so i stayed as low as i could which meant my body was only a few inches off the ground, right smack on my belly with my nose lteraaly in the DIRT.......i was really sacred but but reqally not in any sdanger becsuse there is great diffdrence betwee a few inches and t=hree feet...you would have to be crawling on your kness and be 6 feet tall with your head straight up to be shot....we learned seveteen ways to kill a man
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
7 comments:
I remember my husband telling me about this day of basic training...and about the kid in the previous rotation who freaked out and stood up...
Thinking back over it I sure am glad that my stomach was flat back then!
That gave me about six inches. :-)
..
See Dad, that story is very interesting a a part of history! I am sure glad I havae never had to go through anything like that.
I have deep respect for anyone who makes it past basic training. I know I'm not cut out for it... though I'm sure I'd have to make due in the situation.
These are good stories to tell.
Oh Putz that is horrific! Were you ever stationed in a war zone and have to put your training into practice?
Very interesting.
It wasn't my head I was worried about, it was -- as they say in England -- me bum.
Hello. First time visitor here. Found you through Thud' blog after he commented on my blog.
I think I will enjoy reading a lot more of your "stuff."
Post a Comment