iii can't let this white space go undeveloped.....it is just not in me....this is aunt marth who was a twin and who decentdent from the braithwaites....was married and got along very well with her huband....styled her hair a certain way...wore flowered dresses which her husband didn't mind and generally had a wonderfull life...she said something by the way she looked and the things she said and no one thought ever to correct her...my idol hannah hibbert dalton had to stand by while her son jimmy was dying and watch him die because she spoiled him too much according to her husband mr. mcsimmons...he was a mier at the ophir mine....alos had an invalid son in a wheelchair and walk with hime 4 miles to do her geneology work in the slc temple......................................................
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
22 comments:
Hope all is well with you dear putz....Just coming by to say hello and hope that you are having a wonderful week.
Ray here.
Drunks gotta change....
Gluttons, gamblers, and murderers gotta change....
I believe there are people that need to change things about themselves. I do agree with you that we should not try to change others. That is unless…..we are perfect…..and I have yet to meet a perfect human. People are different and that makes them special in their own way. If we were all alike think how boring life would be. I think that’s what you were saying??
I think everyone has some things they would like to change about themselves, but you should never try to change another person.
Barlow here's what I read in the news:
The two major U.S. presidential candidates, Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Barack Obama (D-Ill.), have suggested that the financial crisis would not curtail their ambitions for foreign aid. Obama has vowed to more than double the annual outlay for international aid, to $50 billion, while McCain has focused on reforming the bureaucracy that doles out U.S. assistance.
Obama spokeswoman Wendy Morigi said that if elected president, Obama would likely "extend the time period" for meeting his $50 billion aid target. "The current financial crisis, along with the $700 billion recovery package, will clearly put short-term pressure on our budget," she said.
McCain has not put a dollar amount on foreign assistance, but he is committed to using both public and private money to pay for increased aid, according to Richard Fontaine, McCain's senior foreign policy adviser. "We are going through tough economic times, and we have to take that into consideration," he said. "But we are also a generous country."(Washington Post)
Mary
I have read that one difference between men and women is that women marry thinking the man will change, and he doesn't, while men marry thinking the woman will never change, and she does.
If you marry someone with the hopes of changing them, then you got married for the wrong reasons. Love a person for who they are and if changes are needed, it will be up to the Lord to do it.
Barlow, I know that you are an Obama fan, but if he gets elected our county will be in worse shape than ever. He is a socialist and our country was not formed to be socialist. check out my blog for a quote by Ab Lincoln.
People can only change if THEY want to. The rest of us can either put up with it, or get new people! ;-)
People don't need to be changed they need to learn from experiences. Teaching children to look at a situation and see what can be learnt from it is the way to go, but there goes another flying pig!
Putz - why do you have that fabulous jewellry website on your page? Do you know them? And it's British!
Are you trying to encourage me to spend more?
Lucy, *I* didn't marry anybody with the hopes of changing them. I said I *read* that one difference between men and women, etc.
You shouldn't read anything personal about me or my beliefs into that statement. I've been happily married for 45 years.
Lucy, to take my statement a step further, if you combine my original statement (that men don't change but women do)with your comment (that if changes are needed the Lord will do it), then the only logical conclusion one can draw is that men apparently don't need changing and women definitely do. :)
OH BOY A CAT FIGHT ON MY BLOG, THERE HASN'T BEEN THIS MUCH ACTION SINCE SHEL TONY AND NOSURF AND ME GOT INTO IT ON POLITICS A FEW DOZEN BLOGS BACK...
oh it is more of a dog cat fight, rhymes a guy and lucy a cute little girl...opps that will probably start things up again....i meant that lovingly lucy.....and i still contend that it is not the business of any of us to change a person...
Hehe. A cat/dog fight.
I like to see if there are ways I can change myself - for the better. But would never try to change other people.
Love this. I don't think we can ever truly change another person. Sure we might be able to change their outward behavior, but changing their hearts, minds, and personalities to what WE THINK they should be like is probably not that possible.
I once read that there are no uninteresting people, just uninterested ones.
Hey friend. Not trying to change David :)
He is learning to supervise in his new job and is trying to work on his "tone".
Cannot change another. Only yourself.
I've given to the poor all my life. I voted for Obama and hope we all will be okay :)
I agree. People need to try to change themselves constantly, in the quest for wisdom and maturity and charity, but nobody should set out to change someone else, just love them and maybe be a good example.
Putz - seems that people took my comment in the wrong light. I had a friend who married a man and she kept saying that she would "change" him. You can not change a person. BUT don't marry someone and think you can "change" them....It just doesn't happen. Love the person for who they are.....That is what I was trying to say.....Sorry it came out wrong.
it is ok lucy, i got twenty commetns out of it....i like 20 comments, wouldn't you??????
There is a difference between changing someone's personality and changing their behavior.
Tony you sure are a lot wiser now that I have changed you!
HeHe
Post a Comment