Oct 17, 2008

wet rug

THIS WET RUG NEED TO DRY ON THE BACK OF THIS BEAUTIFUL HORSE

when we returned to utah we lived in an apartment near wasatch hot springs,,,we had a little dog and lived right by a park where she could go everyday to play...the apartment was on the second floor and we wanted to make it the neatest home we ever had, so david took an old brown rug and tried to dyed it purpleish.....it was soaked in the bath tubb....no no no...it was too wet to leave in the aprtment and so david took it outside and hung it on the railing to dry....well it dripped for days onto the apartment below us...no one bothered to complain but there was a purple stain and it never seemed to dry and it hung there all winter..our apartment was quite small and this was a large rug

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that where 'Purple Haze' came from? better than beige though!

Donnell Allan said...

I love your stories!

rhymeswithplague said...

I like the way your stories or vignettes or memories or whatever they are just start right up without a beginning and then stop abruptly without and ending. A true "slice of life."

Jim said...

Hey Mr. Putz, that reminds me of the 'burning bush' that Moses found.
..
Are you sure cats or dogs weren't p**ing on it or something?

Blondefabulous said...

Wow. Sounds like me when I try to dry something here in Florida. It's so humid, it takes FOREVER!

maryt/theteach said...

Barlow, I'm not so nice and have gone for the jugular. Visit Sarge Charlie's blog and scroll down and read the comments. I think he's banned me from commenting on his blog. He's very pissed! Let me know if you think I've gone for the jugular? :)

maryt/theteach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maryt/theteach said...

Sarge Charlie's blog

Jayne said...

What I want to know is whether or not you were ever able to use the rug to beautify your apartment.

Lucy Stern said...

Hey, what's the deal with the three scantily clad women?

Brenda said...

That's funny, Putz. Glad the neighbors didn't mind!
God bless,
Brenda :)