
when i was a custodian i had to take down 7 hundred and fifty chairs after a lecture every friday, stack them , put them on dollies in the maintenance room....they were orange colored and like loren's ducklings i got bored, so i would imagine the organge chairs as a big piece of cheese....then , me and the mouse would nibble ont or at the edge but not so much....i would then plunge into the middle section of the chairs leaving all the edges....someone should have fired me(tooo late now} because the auditorium looked so disorganized, but i would have died of boredum any other way....i had each chair assigned a number...1 or 56 or 750 and once a student asked me, "why the numbers?" actually many students over the years would ask that question....i said "oh, so i can take them down in order of their number...the kid would say, well 67 is over there stacked on chair 90...i would GO " oh no, now i have to start all over...has anyone seen chair 1???????????

11 comments:
LOL! Barlow, I did write a MM post for "heritage" and not for "harvest" which was the word Mo suggested. That's why I like you so much, we're both a little "disjointed."
Do you dream about those chairs?
I would say you are very creative – whatever it takes to get the job done and have a little fun, nothing wrong with that.
I bet those kids thought you were a crazy guy. But I say it builds character. You made me laugh today.
You always make me smile Putz. You didn't work in my elementary school did you?
I think you have to be careful around chairs...haven't you every tried to sit on a chair and it was suddenly gone...then you find yourself on the floor. A coincidence-I think not...Beware the sneaky chair.
I love this story! Mike always tells me that you were loved at the institute, but it's a little before my time.
ROFL! I can see you are a man with a wicked sense of humour!
Hey Mrs. Putz, you and the bunch have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I number my medicine bottles like that, I take 1,2,3 in the morning when I get up. Two hours later it is #4, then at noon three of # 5 and three more at supper time. Before bed and at least one half hour after I take my aspirin I take two #6's. The vitamins get scattered in during the morning.
That makes it easy to get the right ones at the right time. I can just imagine how much it hleped you with the chairs!
Too bad you got one wrong and got caught with it out of order.
But I still have faith in you!
..
Happy Turkey Day!!!
That is absolutely something I can imagine myself doing to get through the task.
Lovely image.
Post a Comment