book reviews...four of them....sister's keeper.....very sad story about a disfunctionl family forced into being disfunctional through no fault of their own....one daughter was born to be spare parts for another daughter/sister who needs bone marrow, blood transfusions, cell structure etc etc etc from her genetic all similar sister in order to keep her alive....she sued her parents for the right to be autominous from her parents as regard to her medical decisions....the book seemed to always be tearing at the family structure....plotting and pitting one angainst another, and there was never a RIGHT decision....give it a 50 with 10 being the highest....mr. MURDER.... TWO look alikes, one a family man...the other a killer who covets the other's entire family as his own...i thought this was a good read but wondered where this author came up with his idea....mr brown wrote digital fortress...about codes and a machine that could break encyrpted codes... could be used in war when messages are sent to each other..a code that was so complex it broke the machine that was deciphering the message...oh dear i gave that book away...and then for no surf GNOMES by poortvliet and huygen....A FACT FILLED BOOOK ON THE HABITS, LIFE, LANGUAGE, HOBBIES, WORK, AND PERSONNAL QUIRKS OF gnomes, trolls,goblins elves, wood nymphs, uldras ghosts, and religion of very secretive creatures of all kinds...i give a 600 to this book 10 being the highest..............................only 83 days to go before i get my HAIRCUT...i can't wait
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
12 comments:
I read sister's keeper a while back. I also found it really good but really disturbing.
I'll have to go get that gnomes book. It sounds very educational and informative. ;)
Putz, you are definitely the Ebert & Siskel of the book world. Both Ebert and Siskel.
Hey! You're back!
I've read this book; it was very well written and a good read, but kind of like a bad train wreck. You want to look away, but you just can't. Good book, but very sad and disturbing.
Thanks for the review!
I have read Digital Fortress as well as Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons and the other one in the Arctic that I can't remember at the moment. I did enjoy reading it but Angels and Demon was my favourite.
Not sure I would want to read Sisters Keeper, but as you said I would probably find it compelling.
I have almost finished reading 'Dublin' by Edward Rutherfurd - my favourite author!If you want to find out more about Ireland and it's history you must read Ireland the Awakening as well as Dublin.
Glad to see you are back and normal again! lol
What does your hair look like now?
I am interested in reading My Sister's Keeper. It sounds good but that gnome book. You can give that a boot for me. I am afraid, very afraid of gnomes. They are ugly little creepy looking things that my children love to torture me with. I have posted about them on a blog I write with my sisters (Fuzi Sisters). They upset me, sort of. Well maybe they just creep me out.
I will be waiting with baited breath for your haircut.
Putz you have to keep writing. There is always something new....even if it is your haircut. I was just reading about your chicken grease incident. I had to laugh out loud as I could just picture you standing there pondering how you were going to snatch those keys and then tipping, running in and grabbing the keys and jumping in your car, pealing out and driving off never to be seen around those parts again. Ha ha!
I read Sister's Keeper and loved it. Have you read any of her other nooks? They are very good.
I am in the process of finishing the fourth book of the Twilight series - recommend that as well!
I will take you challenge and read Mr Murder. I will let you know what I think :)
My Sister's Keeper sounds interesting. I was wondering if it was true, but I see it's a novel. I remember reading about a family who did have another child to use for bone marrow, etc, for their daughter who had leukemia.
There actually was a couple that decided to give birth to another child because of a kidney problem with their older daughter. They had the baby with the intention of donating her kidney at a later date. It was sad but they decided that they loved the second child anyway.......
There was actually a family that was on the news that had another baby just so they could give their daughter a bone marrow transplant I think. The older daughter lived long enough and they did take the donation from the younger daughter. I found that to be disturbing myself.
Hope you are doing well Putz. I am and things are continuing to be busy but at least I'm not stuck in the house or in my rocker now, so that's good.
Glad you like my preachin. Let me know if you get tried of it - I'll try to change it up some.
Post a Comment