hand plows , indians, pioneers, wagons, horses, early 1800's before motors, electronics,....NOT cell phones, fax machines yes even this old internet which i am addicted too...where a man was judged on his sheer survival skills and not on his ability with things and operations, but on finding food with a rifle...you know lonesome dove, Rio Grande, Texas, cattle, little house on the parrie....a man could bury himself in a hole and cover himself up for the winter with his supply of water and food and wait for spring....he wouldn't be filing income tax returns or adicting himself on dangerous drugs or having to figure out tv remotes...stoves...i put a pizza in to cook and went back to check on it ...the stove door wouldn't open and it was smoky...all i was trying to do was cook a blasted pizza....i got it turned off but the stove still wouldn't open, instead there was a blinking sign on it that said" cooling down, please wait"
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
12 comments:
I do believe that the exhaustion brought on by the mere act of surviving in the 1800s is probably much more satisfying than that which comes from running errands all day in today's world. That was a long sentence. I'm tired from typing. I need to cool down. Please wait.
I would take the early 1900's. The I Love Lucy, Father Knows Best, Leave It To Beaver times look pretty good also.
Gimme an open fire to cook over any old day!
we for thanksgiving at the pitzez home are going to burn some bratz over a open fore int he back mirtz, not a traditional thing to do at all
tony, loved your comment on freezing children, accounting that just doesn't do it like your inventions for your motors, life expectioncy was lower back then and even before you deleted the comment i was going to say that your hand wouldn't have healed properly at all without expert medical attention, but instead of a motor accident it would have been a giant bear tearing at your arm
Putz, out pioneers suffer a lot getting to SL valley and then having to start farming and building a city.....I have always been mistified by the pioneer times and I wonder how long I would have lasted in those days.......I know that were saved for the last days but I wonder why.....I am no good at programing computers and I can't even put numbers on my cell phone.....lol
Yea, I just realized that I didn't want to make a negative comment. I've thought about this topic at times and I think I live in a pretty good time for me. I like my machines etc., but every day there is open land being shut down, so I guess I might have enjoyed being more free to roam, I would have loved to ride at factory butte when it was all open. I just missed it by a couple years! I hope there is some left for my kids to enjoy when they have kids.
I don't think I would have survived pioneer days, I am way to lazy for all that work. heh!!
I often think I would have loved to live in simpler but hard way of life like you speak of. Ummm that clean cycle on the stove is a bear isn't it?
You should have just ordered the pizza, Mr. Putz. Although, I don't remember liking the pizza in Utah. Did they have pizza in the 1800's? I like the simpler times too.
Nothing like a good monkey story!
;-)
OOO OOO!
Post a Comment