THIS IS AN ACTUAL PICTURE OF THE GREAT SALT LAKE
after we landed on the approach to the airfield, me and jerry bryan and david gladden got into jerry's old model ford and went racing up and down the airport runway...all of a sudden we hear and felt this bump bump, yes i say two bumps, bump bump...we had run over jerry with the front wheels and then we ran over jerry with the back wheels...bump bump...we looked back and he was sitting in the middle of the runway....we ran over to see how much we had to pick upand he was screaming at us,"DO NOT TELL MY MOM...HE GOT UP AND WALKED HOME...david gladden drove his model a ford home for him....the car was very light i suppose and the very next day we drove out to the shores of the GREAT SALT LAKE...WE DROVE TO THE EDGE AND TOOK OFF OUR SHOES AND SOCKS AND THE HORROR, WE LOOKEDbackand his car had sunk into the sand to the door frames.....we started shoveling as fast as we could and it sunk to the floor boards....a great big heavy truck drove up besides us smiling and chuckled and asked if we could use any help...i said"don't get outt...too late..he got out and he sunk deeper than us because he was heavier than us...well by the end of the day there were 5 trucks out in that sand and you can believe me...they were stuck...some had sagebrush under their wheels and some used newspapers and one man jacked himeself up wit his wench and it was getting dark...me and jerry walked over to the MORTON salt plant and no we did not call his mother...we called HAROLD...the very next morning early we went out with sandbags, boxes of rocks, gravel, shovels chains and of course our lunch....well this is the MIRACLE,,,all the vehicles were gone..now how could all those trucks got out of there from the dark night to the early morning,,,of course it is not possible...for all 5 trucks to have gotton out
8 comments:
Maybe the tide went out? :)
Another great story! Thanks!
Bump, Bump? I had to stop myself chuckling at that - it's the image!
sorry!
Putz, you get into more mischief than anyone I know......
I remember you told me these stories 15 years ago. Good stories.
Yes, you boys did do some mischief didn't you? But you had fun doing it I'm sure. As far as the cars are concerned, They must have had some great big truck come near and then pull them all out. Whatever happened it got you all worked up back then didn't it? Sorry I haven't been on lately, but at least it's been good busy. Keep sharing bit's of you cause we enjoy your stories.
wow. You have had some great experiences!
I absolutely love this story! Well, I didn't vote early or often. I'll be standing in line tomorrow.
Post a Comment