Jul 15, 2008

july rockets.....today

it wasn't that i wasn't tryiging....they said make all tubes airtight, light weight, but i thought i needed my rocket to have a payload so i put a piece of dirt in the tip of my rocket....the fins seemed to me if they were loose and flexabe\le, it might be better...so there it was sitting on the top of a column of air and went poof... every other rocket went from 50 feet to 300 feet in the air

7 comments:

Laura said...

it's okay dad, we still love you even if your rocket just went "poof". As a matter of fact, that may have something to do with why we all love you...

justmylife said...

Well atleast you tried, we just watched everyone else shoot of rockets!

Anonymous said...

LOL you're just blowing all kinds of crap up lately!

Evil Transport Lady said...

Poor Putz, better luck next time:)

Daniel said...

My rocket didn't go that high either. Tony's rocket was marvelous.

Skybob said...

That was my best rocket so far! I have had some go higher, but never that consistently. Brayden was really upset when it landed in the fire. I think Owen has made about 20 more since we got home though.

Skybob said...

I recently saw an ad for Estes air powered rockets. They claim to go 1,000 feet from the power of a bike pump. I am sure you have to pump the pressure up in the tank or something. Apparantly they have some kind of a membrane that pops after a certain pressure to release the pressure all at once. I still like the idea of building our own. It's fun to see how high they go based on our own ideas and building skills. I'd like to build a new launcher with a valve that will release more air, faster, and turn off faster :)