Jul 31, 2008

PUTZ'S 1ST BOOK, IGNOBLE ENIGMA

david won a prize for guessing how many beans were in a large jar at christensen's mercantile...his was a major prize, although the particular radio that he WON melted on him three different times...the radio tube was too big and too close to the body of the radio...he would take it back and they would give him a similar defective radio...in the end listened to it with the plastic melted but since most of his listening was about 1 a.m. in the morning, no one noticed that it was no good...david would get radio stations with clear signals, on especially cold nights when the air was about to snap, he would get radio signals even stronger...he listened one night to a station in CUTBANK ....david did not know where cutbank was, but he imagined it was pretty far because it would be -45 degrees and the radio commentator would caution everyone to not go without something on their arms, or face, or hands...he said noone should stay out for more than one or two hours at a time...david would then listen to elvis presley, buddy holly, , little richard, the great bopper richardson, the everly brothers and the hit parade with rosemary clooney...later we had a home teacher who knew where cut bank was...he had vever lived there himself, but he was from central Montana and he said cutbank was north of him near the Canadian border

8 comments:

Beverly said...

Those musicians are from my era!

Now Cutbank sounds like it's the sticks...about like Lacoochee.

Jim said...

Hey Putz, do you have an agent yet! That is good, I'm waiting anxiously for the next installment.
Our Cut And Shoot, Texas, is a much prettier place than 'Cutbank.' I've been to both, one is in civilization, one has a few people around, and it never gets cold in Cut And Shoot, Texas.
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/search?q=cut+and+shoot

People used to want me to enter drag races with my smaller motorcycle (450 cc) as it would be the only one in it's class. I will do it next time, just like I will always remember your wounded pigeon winner. Reminds me of that famous race horse, Aydee Fic.
..

Skybob said...

Canada eh.

Anonymous said...

Is that a long way? Sorry I'm English and have no concept of what a long way is.

Maybe I could put it in my notebook in case I need to know that one day?

(just teasing)

maryt/theteach said...

Wouldn't want to live in Cutbank! Yes Barlow my photohunt shows Jones Beach! :)

Betty said...

Have no idea where Cutbank is, but I enjoyed reading this.

Anonymous said...

Here on the east coast, we have an area off of the coast of NC called the Outer Banks, but that area is far different from the one you're describing.

justmylife said...

This is the longest post I have ever read here, am I rubbing off on you? heh!!