Sep 6, 2008

do you know what i have just decided? i am AFRAID of my WIFE,,,oh i love my wife, but when i don't let the dog out on a CHAIN, she informs me of her displeasure and the importance of that so called rule...i am on pins and needdles(yes go ahead and chuckle and say that is just where we want the men) when she walks into a room and i am watching tennis(which is a complete waste of time for her), i feel i had better turn off the tv and go weed her flowers...i am AFRAID to leave my shoes in the middle of the living room floor or the morning newsthere also( really, that's where they belong) for fear of the EVIL EYE...right justmylife?????i am afraid she is watching to catch me doing something wron...like leaving my tooth brush above the sink, unRINSED....AND OF COURSE SHE DOES NOTHING WRONG...SHE WANTS THAT TRIP to molewart so that particular thing isn't wrong, if she wants it....she buys from the avon lady as a PUBLIC SERVICE...avon comes to my door so i must buy something...anything....same with the swanns man...1 moreicecream item in the freezer...throw out the old

20 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

Your wife must teach me to instill this fear. I have got to get my husband to stop leaving his socks IN MY ENTRY WAY or I will have a heart attack before I'm thirty.

Jess said...

Too funny...you should talk to Jason...I'm sure he feels the same way! lol

Lorie said...

how does a woman do this I'd like to know. I have had two husbands and I have never managed to instill anything in them. They have both been my way kind of men...
Oh well, I could be alone. I would just once like to know the feeling....
Be blessed,Lorie
By the way-are your spirits better? I was worried about you for awhile!

maryt/theteach said...

Barlow, you've made me think twice about jumping on my husband for leaving all his stuff around expecting me to pick it up! Do me a favor please rethink Sarah Palin - I don't think you want her in office, do you?

Debbie said...

Those evil looks have never worked for me. He still leaves things were they don't belong. I think it is so very sweet of you to care that much about her feelings (even if you are afraid).

Betty said...

Are you serious? Are you really afraid of your wife? My hubby probably feels the same as you and just doesn't express it like you have done here.

Jim said...

Hey Mr. Putz, why don't you get allergic to Avon like I did. Now they don't come near our house.
My Mom used to pick up my clothes and stuff, but Mrs. Jim sure doesn't! I do that myself, mostly the time of the week when I run out of clean clothes. I gather up the dirty ones and throw them in the washing machine.
..
Mrs. Jim won't let me wash any of her clothes with mine!
Women can be strange. :-)
..

Victoria said...

Putz--I hesitate to post, not wanting to cause hard feelings, but I simply can't let spouse-bashing go these days. I was recently widowed by a man who I doted on, and I would give anything to have to deal with socks and shoes on the floor, or an unrinsed toothbrush on the ledge. I find it deplorable that you choose to complain about your wife is such a public fashion. How hurt she would be to read this post and know that you're 'scared' of her. I would implore you to notice the kind things that she does, the meal she prepares for you, the socks that are lovingly washed, dried, folded, and put away for you to wear again. The woman sharing the other half of your bed gave her heart, mind and body to you long ago. Such a gift is not taken lightly, nor should it be taken for granted. Appreciate the woman that she is, and how possibly you could make her life easier. I truly believe that if we would all spend more time appreciating each other, flaws and all, than complaining about each other-the world would be a better place. Your wife is loving, gentle, and kind to you and to others. From someone who has no more tomorrow's to look forward to, and no more socks to pick up--choose to love your wife and family instead of fearing her. It's a choice.

Beverly said...

Hi, I was just sitting by my computer waiting for you to write...actually, Putz, I live in a fairly large place. We wear shoes and drive nice cars. I am 10 minutes from a beautiful beach, and for some reason, the storms don't directly hit us here. Thank the Lord.

You better be good to your wife!

Lucy Stern said...

I could probably put up with most of your "short commings" except for the shoes in the middle of the room. If you could only put them near the side so that no one will trip over them....

My husband used to put his blue jeans at the base of the laundry basket, never INSIDE the laundry basket. One morning he woke up and the dog had chewed up his jeans. The next night he did the same thing and the dog chewed up another pair of jeans....That is all it took, a dog chewing up his jeans. Now his jeans go inside the laundry basket.....lol

Don't worry about your wife, just remember that you have her for time and all eternity.....Ha ha.

justmylife said...

OK, I don't see spouse bashing, I have done way worse. It is only bashing if you don't tell the other person or they have no clue as to how you feel. My husband and I am sure your wife, know about this so called bashing! I see it more of a rant, just getting things off your chest. Now go pick up your shoes. heh!!

Putz said...

i have been picking up shoes, papers, vacumeing, everyday since victoria's comment, so thanks victoria, it worked

Anonymous said...

Victoria, what a beautiful comment! You really made me think about the relationship between a husband and wife. You put it so eloquently and I think we all need to remember how much we love our partner no matter how many vices they may have. We do need to consider our spouses feelings. Thank you for a very important reminder.

On another note......each person in a relationship should do thier part wether it be picking up their own shoes or cleaning up the mess they created in the bathroom. I teach my Kindergarten students to be responsible and clean up after themselves. It has been said "everything thing you need to know you learn in Kindergarten!" So everyone out there just pick up after yourselves! :)

Jayne said...

Putz, Looks like you've got an interesting dialogue going here. All I can say (or will say) about these interesting comments is that no one who's outside of a relationship knows the real story about what goes on within it.

Reva said...

Do you feel a little like Dennis the menace? Always in trouble but innocent in intent? :) I hope you get a good night kiss at least just because you are loved! Love doesn't care about all the little rules that are broken, or evil eyes. It happens anyway, just because. Enjoy....but watch out!

Reva said...

Putz, I just read some of your comments and I also did not read this as wife bashing, at least in a serious manner. I laughed, hopefully with you and your wife and I enjoyed the realness of the kinds of things most people deal with in any relationship. A little 'fear' or maybe a healthy respect for the other persons desires is what makes us all get along.
It's ok for us all to smile at our own mistakes and our family matters at times. Humor makes life easier to live.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I need to meet your wife, Putz...

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying everyone's comments. Jayne is right, no one knows about what goes on in a relationship unless they are in it. (and sometimes not even then) I also know there are two sides to every story. (we all need to keep that in mind) I also loved Reva's comments about healthy respect and making sure we all have a little dose of humor! KVegas911 I am sure you would love "The Wife of Putz" She is a wonderful person and really not that scary.

Anonymous said...

and do you say "yes dear" a lot too?

Gail

Putz said...

i think i have been to everybodies blog and victorias 11 times to say i am sorry....it was uncalled for and i won't mention the hundreds of little things my wife does that i didn't mentuion