why am i so interested in the daily events of so many that i blog too???don't i have a life???why don't i get a life...i get involved with their sicknesses, triumphs, their polotics, their kids, morning sickness, books they read, books i read...am i just a busy body...are you all busy bodies???or is it that we are so similar that we can learn from each other and teach each other...anyone got an explanation for that?
Greatest Hits
-
Listen to songs and download Mp3 for free, as well as the explanation of
the song with details from size, duration, artist, album and more download
songs...
6 years ago
12 comments:
I think that one of the great blessings of the Internet is that it so widens our pool of possible friends. Even though I have been among many, many people all of my life, I have rarely found those whom I feel are "kindred spirits." I find them once in a while on line, and it is heartening.
It is especially nice for us introverts. There is something detached about blogging, which feels safer than face to face interactions. I can come and go within a relationship as I please, and that is very comfortable for me. No commitments, no (dreaded) phone calls.
I am glad that you have shared your life. Thank you.
All the above! You can’t help but get attached to other “blog” friends. I’m sure we know more about each other than some of our friends we see each day. You can write from your heart with out anyone making a comment until you are through. We can make new friends from all over the world. I think the fact that you are interested in others just means that you have a caring heart.
Hi Putz, I'm a nosey parker, I like to see what other people do, learn new things and laugh about things I can't in public.
It's a wonderful thing when you can talk about wayward eyebrows and the smell of pet's feet and know that someone somewhere in the world has the same opinion.
and mostly, I like to blog with people in places I have never seen,see their animals and gardens, learn about theur culture and hear about the things 'they' do that are different to ours.
www - wonderful wacky world!
Putz, I live vicariously through others. I love blogs with photos so I can see their piece of the world :)
You come to see me talk about the lake LOL! I'm thinking about it too :)
We just can't have enough friends can we?
I also take the time to say stuff in writing, I may not otherwise say outloud!
Thank you for visiting me often!
Hi, Putz,
You asked in a post if I was near Greensborough. No, not close. My son is in Virginia, though, in Waynesboro where the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge parkway meet.
My fruit is very good...wish you could come. Yes, we are far apart, but on the internet we're only a click away.
Yup I am a nosey parker too - and like the others I love to hear about life in places that are so different from here.
I think we all enjoy our friendships with people from all over the country. How would I have ever met you if I weren't blogging? I live in a big city in the south, you live on a farm in a small town in Utah..we do have similar interests but we are different. It is fun and interesting. The internet has opened up the world to all kinds of people and places.....It is just another way to make friends and learn from each other.
Glad Utah did well during the hurricane.. We got our power back last night around 7:30pm. YEA!!!
Putz,
I agree with you that we are all similar and like to see how others are like us and how they are different. Maybe some of our need to blog is to voyeur others and also to stage ourselves to some degree. Blogging is a unique way to meet people and to share in each others triumphs and woes. It is fun to hear other's ideas and to be encouraged by other's don't you think?
I'm sorry I have been out of touch lately but so much has been going on. I am going to Denver tomorrow to be with David for awhile. He is undergoing another 5 days of biochemotherapy and is stuck in the hospital during that time. Actually, he is mostly sleeping so he probably won't remember me being there but I will know.
I know my daughter is better at keeping up with people even though she is extremely busy. We are both very much people persons and need lots of people contact in whatever way we can get it.
Brenda will be here from Arizona again this weekend for a quick trip to visit Colo.Sprgs. with her husband. She will be staying at my house which is great for me. She is so excited about moving here and probably has some bags packed even though it may be another 6 months or so.
Don't worry about why you or anyone else is blogging, just enjoy!!
Also, sorry to hear that you are getting more tired each day. Even though I am doing much better, if I sit down for awhile, I still fall asleep no matter what time of day it is. I wish you were feeling better and could do more. I know how frustrating that can be. Keep on keeping on, ok? later, reva
Yes, Barlow, we can learn from each other and teach each other! And you are One hundred and One in my eyes all the time! :)
Putz, You've got so many great comments here that I can think of nothing spectacular or different to add. I'm a busy, busy person with a career and a family, and yet I LOVE my blogging community and the additional circle of friends it brings into my life. Plus, reading about others' challenges, disappointments, joys, and milestones adds to my understanding of what people go through...and how tough some of them are.
yup, me too. I think that, as a society, we have lost connection with our physical neighbors, but deep down we all crave community, and the internet provides that community in the form of easy communication... with family, old friends, and new ones like you, putz.
Some of my "best" friends are other bloggers, people I shall never meet. Reading their blog is like visiting with an old friend. Sorry I haven't been around to visit much lately.
Post a Comment